• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GUY FROM CANADA WANTS MY SLED!

Yamanator

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
He is asking me to get him a certificate from Yamaha that there is no warranty issue's or recall's ! How do I go about getting this? I called my local dealer and they said that they do not do that anymore. He wants to pick the sled up next week, but says he won't be able to get it back across the border without this document :o| can someone shed a little light on this please. ;)!

call Yamaha Canada @ (416) 498-1911 with your VIN# and they will fax or email your the letter easy to deal with....I've tried before calling Yamaha USA and they were a bunch of dicks saying there legal dept would have to review this blah blah blah....hung up call Canada had the letter in 5min

Yamanator said:
He is asking me to get him a certificate from Yamaha that there is no warranty issue's or recall's ! How do I go about getting this? I called my local dealer and they said that they do not do that anymore. He wants to pick the sled up next week, but says he won't be able to get it back across the border without this document :o| can someone shed a little light on this please. ;)!
He only needs that for RIV, he can still bring it over. Go smack your dealer and ask him service report of your sled. It will show in there that it has no recalls. Tell him to print it out and then give it to the new owner and faxe it to the RIV.

The purchaser is responsible for the recall letter & that must come from Yamaha canada. As was posted earlier he can still import the sled but he needs the rcall letter to finalize the riv import process to register the unit in his own provonce.

This guy in Canada told me he has already called Yamaha of Canada, and they can not get this for him since it is a US sled! They are not tied into our system here to check the USA vin number! I was told by my dealer that they do not run these reports anymore and give them to their customers. Should I be the one trying to get this done if it is easier for him to get it done in Canada? I am not sure on what to do next. :o|

Turk said:
The purchaser is responsible for the recall letter & that must come from Yamaha canada. As was posted earlier he can still import the sled but he needs the rcall letter to finalize the riv import process to register the unit in his own provonce.

No, he does NOT need to get it from Yamaha Canada and it would be easier for the seller to get it for the buyer. I bought my XTX from a dealer in Alpena Mi in April and he gave me a recall letter, which all it was, was a snap shot of the Yamaha Warranty claims and right there it states the recall information. It would be N/A, which means no recall. The RIV accepts this as the recall letter, since it has the vehical information on it. I could fax you mine, if you would like to see what it looks like. If your dealer won't get it call Port, maybe they will help. I have bought my XTX, 1 Can-am 800 Outlander and a 700 Grizzly all this year and all came from the U.S. I know how this works....

Yamanator said:

Your dealer is a dick. Then just ask him for a snap shot of the service record and warranty information.

Okay guys, I called my local dealer back and talked with the owner's brother. He asked me for the VIN number and ran it right then and there!
all done, he has it on his desk and I am picking it up after work. :jump:

Yamanator said:
This guy in Canada told me he has already called Yamaha of Canada, and they can not get this for him since it is a US sled! They are not tied into our system here to check the USA vin number! I was told by my dealer that they do not run these reports anymore and give them to their customers. Should I be the one trying to get this done if it is easier for him to get it done in Canada? I am not sure on what to do next. :o|

Thats weird, I've done now 6 Sled from the US with Yamaha Canada with no issues

okay guys, I picked it up and the only thing it says is " svc\bulletin #93ACM SEE BULLITEN #S08-008 ALTITUDE COMPENSATION"
** modifications not done **

is this anything to worry about?

that the high altitude, thats where yamaha changed the jets for the correct altitude for mountians you are good to go

Yes, where it says recall. Write the word NONE beside it and fax it to him. Good to go..

Back