• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand and thumb warmer toggle on Nytro.

gems4sale

Pro
Website
opalrough.ca
I can't believe how stupid a set up this is. If you have both thumb and hand warmers on full, bump it once, either one or the other is going to zero. Is retarded an acceptable word for this set up? I think I'll run it at one less than full. That way if I bump it once by mistake I'll get a bit more heat. One way to fix this would have been to have to press it two or three times before it zero's itself after hitting full. Is it that difficult to have a better designed setup at this stage of the game? :o| If Yamaha fixed a few little things like drivers, ski's, and heat switches they would be far far ahead of the pack. Look at how far they have come in such a short time.

warmers

I agree, I can't believe how terrible these warmers are. I had a 94 vmax that rode like a milk crate but the warmers would melt your gloves, you would think if they had warmers that worked 15 years ago it would be a simple thing to have today.

Hell I can't tell if my hand coolers are on full bars or no bars. :o|

YAMAHA your hand warmers suck!!!! Do something about it!!!! #$%&*

gems4sale said:
I can't believe how stupid a set up this is. If you have both thumb and hand warmers on full, bump it once, either one or the other is going to zero. Is retarded an acceptable word for this set up? I think I'll run it at one less than full. That way if I bump it once by mistake I'll get a bit more heat. One way to fix this would have been to have to press it two or three times before it zero's itself after hitting full. Is it that difficult to have a better designed setup at this stage of the game? :o| If Yamaha fixed a few little things like drivers, ski's, and heat switches they would be far far ahead of the pack. Look at how far they have come in such a short time.

The reason for this, i saw last year. I went out for a ride at night, just me and my best friends dad, me on my nytro, him on his rx-1. Well, we're riding back, him leading, and all of sudden he was gone. Not like he took off, like he disapeared from the face of the earth! I was trying to figure out what happened when his sled apeared in front of me with fire comming out the exhust. Seems he reached over to his his thumb warmers, and accidently brushed his kill switch.

"THAT" he said later, "Is why your hand and thumb warmers are the way they are!". Its a pain in the #*$&@, and I accidently shut mine off all the time, but I'm guessing thats what they were thinking, not wanting you to have to reach over with your left hand to hit the ones on the right hand side.

Design them like skidoo and we'll be all set...

I came from a skidoo and yes the set up is a better solution. This being said I can live with this and have too obviously although it would be nice if they actually did get more than luke warm. When it goes in for the first service I will be mentioning this to the dealer. We can hope for improvement!

backstop said:
I came from a skidoo and yes the set up is a better solution. This being said I can live with this and have too obviously although it would be nice if they actually did get more than luke warm. When it goes in for the first service I will be mentioning this to the dealer. We can hope for improvement!

Good luck!!! Most of the guys on here complained all last year about their handwarmers. So do you think in 2009 they would be different?? NOT!!!

I myself don't find it a big deal because you can't tell if their on or off anyway because they just plain suck.

Unluckydiablo said:
gems4sale said:

The reason for this, i saw last year. I went out for a ride at night, just me and my best friends dad, me on my nytro, him on his rx-1. Well, we're riding back, him leading, and all of sudden he was gone. Not like he took off, like he disapeared from the face of the earth! I was trying to figure out what happened when his sled apeared in front of me with fire comming out the exhust. Seems he reached over to his his thumb warmers, and accidently brushed his kill switch.

"THAT" he said later, "Is why your hand and thumb warmers are the way they are!". Its a pain in the #*$&@, and I accidently shut mine off all the time, but I'm guessing thats what they were thinking, not wanting you to have to reach over with your left hand to hit the ones on the right hand side.

Design them like skidoo and we'll be all set...

Huh? Are they designed different than they Nytro? The kill switch is on the right and the hardcooler switch is on the left????

I will say that I have hit my kill switch at least twice when riding, primarily leaning forward over the bars and hitting it somehow.

The Apex was MUCH better, if ya hit the switch it displays your last setting NOT changing the values, then you hit it again and you then can change the values, much better

I don't think the hand warmers on my SE are that bad. I haven't rode in temps colder than 10 degrees yet, but it seems that the more miles I put on it the better they work. I had a 05 Renagade and a 06 Rev. It seemed like every other ride one side or the other would short out. Real nice when you are 100 miles from home. I went through 2 sets on the Gade and 4 on the Rev. and the Rev only had 1400 miles on it when I sold it. Yamaha isn't the only one with problems. At least they work. (mine do anyway.) I always ran my Ski-Doo's on high because they where to cold on low.

I kind of like the toggle on one side after riding my 06 attak that I had to take my thumb off the throttle to adjust the warmer. My warmers seem to work pretty good so far on my XTX but I've only ridden 60 miles so far and the coldest ride has been about 5 degrees.

205k...weird it seems that the more miles/km I put on the better the handwarmers work,I almost burnt my thumb through my gloves!!!! and also I noticed if you toggle the thumb and bar warmer switches fast like just flick them with your finger the values do not reset to zero....but it will add a bar each time you flick it :dunno:

Back