• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand warmers

mud99

Expert
So I picked up a 2008 Phazer Mountain last season for my GF, and she was complaining all the time that her hands were cold.

I noticed after doing the oil change that the thumb warmer got burning hot really fast, but the hand warmers don't even get slightly warm.

I've heard that some of the Phazers had a missing wire harness - how do I check whether hers is missing? I followed the hand warmer cables to the top of the engine, where they both plug into different points on the main wiring harness. The other end of this goes to the ECU. There is no specific hand warmer "harness" that I can find, unless that is referring to the main ECU harness.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is their a TSB on this, or any sort of dealer instructions on how to determine if a sled is affected?

I would just take it in, but I don't have any good Yamaha dealers in my area.

-Mark

gsxr,
thank you, but what i'm saying is that the hand warmers don't work even a tiny bit, they are completely dead.

There is a known defect related to this on the 2008 Phazer, Yamaha forgot to install the hand warmer harness. I just want to know how to check for the missing harness myself without going to the dealer.

We're not at the yamaheater stage yet, we ride in california...I don't even use my handwarmers most days, I don't know why she needs them at all.

Mark

There is a harness that you plug in. very easy to do...dang I am not on the shop computer...I will get the part number for you in the morning and post it here. I think some where in my mess I have the install sheet too lol

Thank you NKSALES, that would be very helpful.

I'm about 200 miles from the nearest yamaha snowmobile dealer, so I want to make sure I really need the harness...

Mark

sorry it took so long to get back to you.
The part number you need is 90891-50150-00 PZ50GT/MT GW HARNESS. The instruction should be in the kit....again it is very easy to install.
Hope this helps you out.

Back