• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handwarmers ok from those that have ridden sled this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBALLER

Expert
For those that have been riding(alaskan boys), how have you found the handwarmers? Do they get warm at idle or does it take 5-10 mins of riding before they are effective. I put on about 5 kms tonight and they never got better than lukewarm. This was at -6C. other than that, I absolutely love this sled.

It's only been as low as 15 on any ride so far. I ride in thin mechanic type gloves. I turn them on about 4 bars and about 2 miles down the trail I and turning them off. I realize I'm not the best source of info because my hands don't get all that cold once riding! My only complaint is I wish we could go up & DOWN because it takes my eyes off the trail for too long to get it right... (even with the repositioned speedo!)

my one concern is also handwarmers after hearing about the apex,and test riding a phazer and the heat was non existent..on my doo's i always put hotgrips on right away(the good rubber ones)..they would get up to 120-130f..

People with the Apex concerns need not worry. The Nytro warmers get HOT. I rarely go past halfway and most of the time it's just to thaw the ice on my gloves. I'm usually at 1 or 2 bars and I wear Klim Powercross gloves.

Nikolai said:
People with the Apex concerns need not worry. The Nytro warmers get HOT. I rarely go past halfway and most of the time it's just to thaw the ice on my gloves. I'm usually at 1 or 2 bars and I wear Klim Powercross gloves.
Good news, maybe it's just mine. I will test them again tonight. Last night I could only get minimal heat after 15-20 mins of riding around. I will compare against my other sled with a temp gauge and report back. After riding my SXR around the yard, I can't keep bare hands on bars with them set to high, too hot!!

Nikolai said:
Great! My hands get cold easy and the only sled with "HOT" handwarmers of any I have ever owned was my 99 SRX.

Same here, as I made darn sure the Apex is going to have good heated grips, so I splurged and bought an aftermarket accy kit.

On my F7 I filled the bars with expandable quick foam to help insulate them. Not sure if it made much of a difference but it didnt hurt.

When I let my sled run for the recommended 15 minutes, you could barely tell the grips were on. I assume that once you start pumping some power through, they will increase? :dunno:

Lucky, I believe that they get more power past a certain rpm.

I have had no problems with mine and have had to turn them down. I was wearing thin gloves.

I hit 100 km/h in the yard several times and was expecting them to get nice and toasty after 15 mins, never happened. Called dealer to inform him of my findings and his response was "keep riding it, it won't be a quick/easy fix, I'll mention it to the warranty/dealer rep". Not quite what I was hoping to hear, but at least he's aware of my concern. Anyone have a wiring schematic yet? Just wondering how these heaters are getting juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back