• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot 6.9 options

Pahrtsmuch

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder
Hi all

I have a 2017 Sidewinder. Honestly wasnt my first choice for a sled ( i have not ridden in 15 years so it might be a bit to much power)
But a friend of the family was selling it and i said i liked the looks of it so the wife bought it for me for Christmas LOL
Found the steering to be brutal on my arms with the stock skis. ( previous owner said the steering was always a workout since new)
Have tried all the suspension adjustments etc recommended here and other places
Those adjustments made it better but its still a workout when riding for a few hours.

I have read all the good posts about switching to the pilot 6.9's
Problem is trying to find a set still in good condition here in Ontario
Everything i have seen for sale is in pretty rough shape or not even usable.

Do i have any other options other than the pilot 6.9's that will give me easy steering and good control ?
For the most part riding groomed trails but to get through the trails i have to ride through a forest for about 2 kms where the snow can be 3 feet or more deep

Thanks in advance

Yeah you shouldn’t have to adjust the suspension to make a ski work, you can but you sacrifice ride quality. Riding in that depth of snow you definitely need a wide set of skis and the 6.9’s are probably your best bet if you can find a set. There’s a set for sale in Ontario Kijiji but they are up there in price but in very good condition by the look of them.

Yeah you shouldn’t have to adjust the suspension to make a ski work, you can but you sacrifice ride quality. Riding in that depth of snow you definitely need a wide set of skis and the 6.9’s are probably your best bet if you can find a set. There’s a set for sale in Ontario Kijiji but they are up there in price but in very good condition by the look of them.
Yeah i saw those out near Drumbo $500 for the set and he wont come down in price

My vote : Sly Dog 7” Powder Hounds with Snowtrackers installed . Best ski I have used . Deep snow or Trail

curve xs sounds like it could help. lots of guys use them on winders and vipers. i do know that they lightened up the steering on my rx war compared to the stockers.

I also would say Cat skis are an option. Put them on the gf's Viper with a set of slim jims. Better than the junk stockers. Will be doing it to my Winder eventually as well. I found brand new takes offs in the online classifieds.

If you want light steering effort then just get snowtrackers for your stock skis, you can adjust the suspension back to trail comfort settings and have easy steering at the same time. Only down fall is they will push some in loose snow.

The 6.9s are awesome! I have aet with 6" Woody's ace bar inside and out and they work well in deep snow and turning is precise with little push. I will say I picked up a set of 5.7s this year to try and they may be better on the trail than the 6.9s in loose snow but they won't float aswell in the deep. Nice thing is the old Yami loops can be made to fit easily!

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_103246_01.jpg
    IMG_20221213_103246_01.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 64

Back