• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HANDWARMERS

I already broke off the stock handguard... replaced with power madd..... easily adjustable... great coverage... plus they look sweet

kkraus said:
Exactly! The Nytro is already in Parallel, You don't need the harness, so plug in the orginal 06 Apex bars and enjoy the heat. The 09 XTX grips measure about 7 Ohms and the 06 grips are about 3 Ohms.

Cool! er, I mean Hot!

Nytro guy, place a wanted to buy topic on the classifieds, thats what I did, I'm sure they are going to be a hot item now. I don't think you will be able to order them since Yamaha ran a bulliten on them. I would say 50-100 bucks for a set would be fair, seeing that a set of aftermarkets grips cost 50 alone. Good luck!

I actually like the feel of the Apex bars better. They have a beefier feel with the solid grip. It doesn't feel like your holding on to shrink wrap like on the 09 bars. The Apex bars also have the removable and adjustable hooks. They are about 1/4 lower so I added 3 small washers under the handlebar clamp so the aluminum gaurds don't hit the cowling. The space where the handgaurds clamp on the Apex bars is about 1/2 inch shorter but with a little adjusting you can get them to mount fine. Make sue you have enough treads screwed in the base plate after adding the washers and you will be good to go.

kkraus said:
I actually like the feel of the Apex bars better. They have a beefier feel with the solid grip. It doesn't feel like your holding on to shrink wrap like on the 09 bars. The Apex bars also have the removable and adjustable hooks. They are about 1/4 lower so I added 3 small washers under the handlebar clamp so the aluminum gaurds don't hit the cowling. The space where the handgaurds clamp on the Apex bars is about 1/2 inch shorter but with a little adjusting you can get them to mount fine. Make sue you have enough treads screwed in the base plate after adding the washers and you will be good to go.
I agree, the grips on these bars are great and the fact that they just plug in is great.

Back