• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hard starting

TheFarm845

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX LE
Hey guys, I just picked up a new 2022 Sidewinder LTX LE yesterday and when I went to unload it last night, it wouldn't start on the first attempt, then started for a split second and died on the second and 3rd attempts, then finally fired up on the 4th try. Again today I had the same issue, it took 5 attempts to get it to start. There's no way this is normal is it???

Is it on and off the trailer and then shutting it off before running up to temp and more riding?

I'm guessing you are starting and stopping it a lot because you loaded and unloaded from the dealer. They will foul the plugs and not start like this when doing so. You may need to change the plugs if it doesn't come out of it.

You always need to bring them up to temp and SHOULD actually ride them or rev them on a stand at least. The added fuel they get in cold start is an issue. Sounds crazy but thats what happens.

Get out and run it hard and it will seat the rings and come out of it. If it doesn't, the plugs will need changed.

Is it on and off the trailer and then shutting it off before running up to temp and more riding?

I'm guessing you are starting and stopping it a lot because you loaded and unloaded from the dealer. They will foul the plugs and not start like this when doing so. You may need to change the plugs if it doesn't come out of it.

You always need to bring them up to temp and SHOULD actually rid them or rev them on a stand at least. The added fuel they get in cold start is an issue. Sounds crazy but thats what happens.

Get out and run it hard and it will seat the rings and come out of it. If it doesn't, the plugs will need changed.
The dealer said they did a full heat cycle on it, then it was loaded into the bed of my truck via forklift, so it didn't have a short run time then. When I unloaded it last night, I let it run for quite awhile, bringing it up well past full temp (took awhile to unload) then rode around the yard a few times to get some snow on the coolers. So it didn't really have any short, low temp runs so far. But also hasn't been throttled up or hard yet either

The dealer said they did a full heat cycle on it, then it was loaded into the bed of my truck via forklift, so it didn't have a short run time then. When I unloaded it last night, I let it run for quite awhile, bringing it up well past full temp (took awhile to unload) then rode around the yard a few times to get some snow on the coolers. So it didn't really have any short, low temp runs so far. But also hasn't been throttled up or hard yet either

Go out and break it in hard to seat the rings, but do it safely, let it come up to temp and go ride it. Not saying to hold it WFO forever, but lots of full throttle to really seat the rings good if you want it to run good. It will come out of it as long as the plugs aren't fouled.

What is normal, is for them to start up and run fine every time. Dont keep running it until you can get out and actually ride it, and welcome to the forum!

Report back once you get some time with it.

Go out and break it in hard to seat throngs, but do it safely, let it come up to temp and go ride it. Not saying to hold it WFO forever, but lots of full throttle to really seat the rings good if you want it to run good. It will come out of it as long as the plugs aren't fouled.

What is normal, is for them to start up and run fine every time. Dont keep running it until you can get out and actually ride it, and welcome to the forum!

Report back once you get some time with it.
Thanks! That's interesting, the dealer told me to break it in very slowly and easily hahaha.

Side note; the replies from you guys on these threads are pretty helpful, polite, and professional, I love it!

Did you put gas in it? My Tcat started once and stalled, acted like it was flooded. I pulled a plug and it was dry as a bone and it had spark, gas gauge said 1/4 tank. I put a gallon of gas in it and it fired right up. the dry float level must have been stuck. Dealer said that they only put enough gas in them to start and idle for 15 min.

How about no power on 22 srx le shut off in middle of lake to help vmax4 and sled has no no power put it on trailerto shop blow off panels found fuses put in wrong at factory30 amp was 15 5k pissed me off

Did you put gas in it? My Tcat started once and stalled, acted like it was flooded. I pulled a plug and it was dry as a bone and it had spark, gas gauge said 1/4 tank. I put a gallon of gas in it and it fired right up. the dry float level must have been stuck. Dealer said that they only put enough gas in them to start and idle for 15 min.
Haha yes, the dealer put approx 3 gallons in it, I topped it off (took another roughly 5.5 gallons)

I rode around the yard today and it wouldnt allow me to go over 1/2 throttle. Itd 100% kill power then backfire

Any codes come up on the dash?
You may need to get it back to the dealer. There are a number of things that come to mind. Fouled plugs, TORS, water in the boost lines, boost hose clamps loose or not even on the proper spot, could be any number of things but that's what warranty is for. A number of sled have hoses inverted along with electrical connections.

I bought my sled used with a fe hunter miles on and the clamp for the turbo hose coming right off the turbo wasn't even on! Im Sur the pervious owner that bought it new thought it was a dog. I went completely thru it once I got it home and caught that one. I thought it was a rocket, but I just know thats why the guy sold it. I'm sure he got driven around by everything without the clamp on the turbo outlet!

Any codes come up on the dash?
You may need to get it back to the dealer. There are a number of things that come to mind. Fouled plugs, TORS, water in the boost lines, boost hose clamps loose or not even on the proper spot, could be any number of things but that's what warranty is for. A number of sled have hoses inverted along with electrical connections.

I bought my sled used with a fe hunter miles on and the clamp for the turbo hose coming right off the turbo wasn't even on! Im Sur the pervious owner that bought it new thought it was a dog. I went completely thru it once I got it home and caught that one. I thought it was a rocket, but I just know thats why the guy sold it. I'm sure he got driven around by everything without the clamp on the turbo outlet!
No codes, I thought maybe it had to do with a break-in safety net or something. I'm stopping by the dealer tomorrow to have them check the insanely-soft rear skid so ill ask them about the engine too. Man I've only put 1 mile on the sled and already multiple issues.

Back