• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has Anyone tryed C&A's On there xtx?

jakestp

I do a lot of off tail riding and i find that the stock skis jest dont flot at all. I was looking at a set of C&A XTX's Are they worth the 5 bills???

from what Ive read the simmons and doo pilots especially the 6.9's are the good all around choices..

I really like the C@A XTXs on mine. The 6.9s seem like they would be a good option too. I started with the Yami mountain skis and ended up with the XTXs.

I think you can probably get a better deal than 5 bills. Ask for a better deal direct from C&A.

LeeKo said:
I really like the C@A XTXs on mine. The 6.9s seem like they would be a good option too. I started with the Yami mountain skis and ended up with the XTXs.

I think you can probably get a better deal than 5 bills. Ask for a better deal direct from C&A.

do you mean the c&a TRX's????

do you mean the c&a TRX's????

"C&A XTX" 7 1/4 wide crossover ski. Same as the race ski but the center keel is cut down from 1 1/2" to 1"

I have also tried the CA XT, on my -08 RTX40th as well as my -09 SE. Clearly the best option if you want to maximize flotation, steering response and pure steering grip. Though, a little bit too much steering effort for my liking and a nervous behaviour on hardpack makes them only my second option after my SLP PP:s.
The XTX mentioned above is a lower keel version of the XT, thus the steering effort should be reduced. This might very well be the way to go...

Last year, I tried 3 different skis on my Nytro, Slydog trails, Skidoo Pilot 6.9s, and C&A Outlaws. I took the stockers off as soon as I got it home.

Far and away the C&As outperformed the Pilots and Slydogs by far, on and off trail. Sure, they may require a bit more strength to turn the bars, but I shimmed the ski rubbers to create more rearward bias on the skis to help ease steering.

The XTX skis are wider than the Outlaws so they should be better in deeper snow and the shorter keel should make it a great trail ski. When it comes time to replace skis, this will most likely be the ski for me.

I run the C&A Razors on mine, with 8" Bergstroms, and I really like it. I like to ride trails aggressively as well as off trail, so they seem to do both pretty well.

Grimm said:
Last year, I tried 3 different skis on my Nytro, Slydog trails, Skidoo Pilot 6.9s, and C&A Outlaws. I took the stockers off as soon as I got it home.

Far and away the C&As outperformed the Pilots and Slydogs by far, on and off trail. Sure, they may require a bit more strength to turn the bars, but I shimmed the ski rubbers to create more rearward bias on the skis to help ease steering.

The XTX skis are wider than the Outlaws so they should be better in deeper snow and the shorter keel should make it a great trail ski. When it comes time to replace skis, this will most likely be the ski for me.

what about darting? have you tried simmons ever?

I give been using the razor pros and love them! Tried shorter carbides, but the 8" worked the best for my style

sheetwright said:
I give been using the razor pros and love them! Tried shorter carbides, but the 8" worked the best for my style

but the 2008 being so different than say an XTX i wonder how the choices carry over...theres so many c&a skis it's hard to keep it straight (pun intended) I havent been able to see/find the XTX new model?

Back