• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has Anyone tryed C&A's On there xtx?

thanks leeko! just wondering if you can expand on their handling goods and bads and how they compare to other skis if you have tried others besides the mountains...even if on other sleds just as a basis of comparison...hate to buy an expensive ski and not like..

sj said:
Grimm said:
Last year, I tried 3 different skis on my Nytro, Slydog trails, Skidoo Pilot 6.9s, and C&A Outlaws. I took the stockers off as soon as I got it home.

Far and away the C&As outperformed the Pilots and Slydogs by far, on and off trail. Sure, they may require a bit more strength to turn the bars, but I shimmed the ski rubbers to create more rearward bias on the skis to help ease steering.

The XTX skis are wider than the Outlaws so they should be better in deeper snow and the shorter keel should make it a great trail ski. When it comes time to replace skis, this will most likely be the ski for me.

what about darting? have you tried simmons ever?

Never tried Simmons, so I can't comment on them and I never had an issue with darting with the Outlaws, probably due to the 3 keels on the ski.

SJ,

In my opinion there is not one ski that completely transforms a sled, suspension setup is just as big of a factor and needs to be set right also. I think the CA XTX skis are the right ski for me on my XTX, but I have also done a lot of tweaking on the suspension. I have hygear triple rate front springs and Ohlins rears. I think the front springs help with steering effort, darting and flat handling.

I have tried a lot of skis on sleds I am currently running Simmons on a RX-1, SLP SLT's on a SRX and CA original single keels on a Viper. You really need to drive a sled and figure out what you are looking for in a ski. I love my Simmons on my Rx-1 and absolutely believe it to be the right ski for that sled. The Rx-1 is big and heavy and tippy. The Simmons added stability and a little understeer that really brought the sled into balance improving handling and tracking too. The Srx is also fairly heavy and doesn't need a super aggressive ski. The SLT's track well steer easy but are rocker design and don't really add to stability. The CA's on my viper handle awesome, add stability are real aggressive on that sled. They do dart and steering effort increases especially on hard setup conditions.

I chose the the CAXTX for the Nytro because I was looking for something that kept to the more aggressive nature of the sled. I wanted something more precise than the Simmons, I wanted added stability and flotation. I think that multiple keel skis track better. I was worried about having too aggressive of a ski because the weight of the Nytro and the forward rider position.

I think the XTX skis track well because of the multiple keels. They add stability because they have outer keels, are 7 1/4" wide, and have flat bottoms rather than rocker design. They have more ski on the ground front and back of the spindle due to longer length and flat bottoms. I think the combination of the cut down center keel, outside keels and width cuts some of the steering effort and aggressiveness. I am running 9inch carbides...these skis are still pretty aggressive.

With the suspension changes I have made and these skis I am pretty happy with the setup. I think the sled is balanced and stays true to its aggressive chassis.

thanks..Id only wish you had tried the simmons with say a more agressive carbide like I ran ...I had 6" shapers on all four and it definately gave more bite...Im leaning staying with them since they are so predictable...

SJ,

I am currently running 6inch shapers on the inside and 6 inch round on the outside with powder wings on the Simmons gen 1's. They are not as aggressive as a the CAXTX skis, especially in soft snow conditions.

The Simmons are good skis and I think they will improve your handling, tracking and flotation from the stock skis. Do you still have the skis? If so, you have nothing to lose trying them. I look forward towards your feedback on how they work.

LeeKo said:
SJ,

I am currently running 6inch shapers on the inside and 6 inch round on the outside with powder wings on the Simmons gen 1's. They are not as aggressive as a the CAXTX skis, especially in soft snow conditions.

The Simmons are good skis and I think they will improve your handling, tracking and flotation from the stock skis. Do you still have the skis? If so, you have nothing to lose trying them. I look forward towards your feedback on how they work.

actually was thinking of trying the gen2's ??

The only problem with two's is getting them to fit on the trailer, with their wide width. I just ordered a set of white Simmons Gen ones with blue loops for mine. Since I wanted to change the look. I really thought I should of went with the XTX C&A's for the flotation. Hope I didn't make a mistake. I love the C&A Pro's I have now with the 8" Carbides. The bite great, and NO darting at all. Had to change the suspension for the corners, but I love them. Well if I don't like the Simmons I will sell them to an Apex guy. Cause I know they work great on my Apex.

Also if you notice all of the race sleds, have C&A's on them. Take a look at all the Nytro racing posters, and pics

sheetwright said:
The only problem with two's is getting them to fit on the trailer, with their wide width. I just ordered a set of white Simmons Gen ones with blue loops for mine. Since I wanted to change the look. I really thought I should of went with the XTX C&A's for the flotation. Hope I didn't make a mistake. I love the C&A Pro's I have now with the 8" Carbides. The bite great, and NO darting at all. Had to change the suspension for the corners, but I love them. Well if I don't like the Simmons I will sell them to an Apex guy. Cause I know they work great on my Apex.

Also if you notice all of the race sleds, have C&A's on them. Take a look at all the Nytro racing posters, and pics

yes..but their riding,terrain and sleds are different than ours...in a big way..the simmons didnt bite on my apex til I went to shapers...then bit hard in all but loose...but since I know there is more weight over the skis on the nytro Im slightly concerned...

Back