• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have the dreaded oil tank leak

TBay Sledhead

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 Attak
01 SXR Long Track
So my oil tank has developed a 1" crack by the bottom mounting bolt. I know this is an issue but having trouble finding via search what the best repair is. Can I MIG weld it or do I have to get it TIG welded. Going to look for some rubber mounts. I know Barn of Parts has kit but will look here in Canada first.

Best bet is to have it TIG welded. Key to welding them is having it oil free. Any oil in the crack and it will weld like crap.

i took mine to work and migged it, not the best aluminum welder but turned machine way down and actually turned out good , had no leaks last 2 years and i think the added weld material strengthed that corner, i figured i had nothing to loose by trying! if not i cant see a fab shop charging u much to do it for u if u prep it

I bit the bullet and bought the aftermarket CFM tank on eBay. High quality with beautiful welds. If it ever leaks or breaks they replace it free.

yes thats the best way to go iseen them theiir nice

43e7a562129fcc4acd45207fd4b64830.jpg
JB Weld rode all last season no leaks so far.

I bit the bullet and bought the aftermarket CFM tank on eBay. High quality with beautiful welds. If it ever leaks or breaks they replace it free.

I agree. This is the way to go.
Fix it once/forever.

Back