• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heat Exchanger Repair

DoktorC

TY 4 Stroke Master
Any thoughts on using JB weld to help seal a small leak I have on my front heat exchanger?

I just bought an 05 RX and it seems that it took a good hit to the belly. The outside of the exchanger is fine but there is a small drip on the inside around the hose inlet. I'm not sure there is an easy way to fix this but I don't really want to disassemble the whole sled to get a welder in there....

repair

I had the same problem with my 06 APEX, what a pain to pull the left side heat exchanger, had a local shop re-weld/aluminum and then pressure test, found another crack and they fixed that, reassembly and purchasing the proper rivets was almost as much of a pain, in the end it was a lot cheaper than buying the replacement exchanger, I would have had to go through the labor either way! You just need to find a shop fimilar with aluminum repair....

Dog

DR C I used JB weld on a front heat exchager yrs ago, sled now has over 10,000 miles and never a problem, we cleaned and slightly roughed up the surface as prep. I would do it again in a minute
Good luck
Yamadoo

That's what I wanted to hear....I figured it wouldn't be a problem but I wanted to hear from someone who has done it.

Thanks.

just like yamadoo says. did a 94 vmax years ago with jb weld and it still doesn't leak.

Back