• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heavier Rear Springs/Shocks?

Deeppow16

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Arctic Cat M8000
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX (Totaled)
2002 Polaris 600 XCSP (Sold)
1999 Ski-doo Formula 500 (Totaled)
I have 08 MTX with 2300 miles and I have 4-5" of sag when there is no weight on the sled. From what I saw on here is that heavier springs will get rid of the sag so I order the heavy Apex springs (2100's) and that should help with my riding style also. So my question is do you guys think I need to have my shocks rebuilt too? Do they go that quick with the amount of miles I have on the sled? Also can you even rebuilt the stock rear upper shock? From looking at it, it looks like you can't I'm hoping I'm wrong.

with that much milage they need the nitrogen recharged at the very least. not sure if the mtx shocks are rebuildable.

I would have them serviced. A service is a fluid change and nitrogen recharged. Remember if the suspension is sagged the shocks have been worked hard. Yamaha says to have the shocks serviced every 2500 miles. Just recharging the nitrogen will not help the ride.

Yes I agree you need to rebuild them and re-charge them with nitrogen I had new seals and oil put in mine and recharged it was just like new but it's best to have it done by someone that knows how to do them and has the proper tools the guy charged me $80 which I thought was very fair .

Yes I agree you need to rebuild them and re-charge them with nitrogen I had new seals and oil put in mine and recharged it was just like new but it's best to have it done by someone that knows how to do them and has the proper tools the guy charged me $80 which I thought was very fair .

I serviced two of my shocks and that cost me 332 USD, so 80 USD is really fair.

Back