• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heelclickers

PMaine

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Venture, SX Viper, Nytro RTX
I bought a 2009 Nytro RTX at the end of last season. I got about 300 miles on it so far and love it. I've found that it has a heelclicker clutch kit. Anyone running this have some good setups to share? Totally happy with the current setup but would love to tweak it.

What's the best engagement rpm?

I run heelclickers on my Viper 2 stroke and like them.

Thanks for any tips.

Well that's a great question, how do I tell?

well the drag n fly weights have an arm that comes out off of the weight. the heel clickers have a square block for adding a screw for weight close to the pin. never played with a set of 2 speeds.

Sounds like I have the drag n fly weights!

IMG_0461.PNG
This is a drag n fly
try this
1 bolt 3 washers in arm
1 bolt in od
1 bolt 1 washer in tip
centre empty
run black hc spring

This flat out works and is Turks set up....

Thank you, that is what I have for a weight.

So my problem is I was not given any of the parts to this kit when I bought the sled, so I have a red spring. I will try to locate a spring. Thank you.

There is a red spring set up but getting that sucker in there is a two man job

That red spring is MEAN. I have a couple if anyone wants them.

Turk and I bucked heads for years on your the these weights.... bottom line he was not studded and I was to the hilt.... red is the setup for traction... and getting the spring in is easy with a little trick

when we use the red spring, i have a threaded rod i use with large washers to pull it down with clutch off of sled.

I use a 5/8 threaded rod with nuts and washers, piece of cake.

Any recommendations using the red spring? I do have studs.

Thanks

How much are these kits for our Nytros? Interesting technology...

Heel Clicker.jpg

These weights really work well. They work better than anything else I have tried. The downside about these is that the three cylinder Yamaha motor, with the power pulses spaced the way they are, pound these weights out in @3500 miles. The stock weights last about 5500 miles.
No other weight grabs the belt harder on the bottom ------period.

Stain, interesting... so my sled has a stock primary and secondary and I know in the 6800 mile my brother in law put on it, he never reported any weight loss on the stock arms. In fact, I don't see where the stock arms have a removable weight like the Heel Clickers, they look like one solid piece of metal (see pics). Can you clarify where the stock weights are located? If our triples throw weights off arms, a reason to not use arms with them I would think although I can see how adjustability may outweigh the negatives for some.

Es.jpg

Back