• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet Advice

I have an AC TXi. It works very well! No fog, it's warm, it's never failed! But, with all the buzz about Doo's BV2S, I would definitely give that helmet a try!! ;)!

Hands down the Bv2s is the warmest and best fog resistant full face/modular helmet ever made. Also the Bv2s is very quiet at trail speeds cutting out alot of wind noise. I love mine. But I also have 2 HJC motocross helmets that I where 50% of the time because the Bv2s is just too warm for some of those off trail days and spring rides.

The only problem with the Bv2s is the price...IMO it's almost criminal what they want for them.....Not to mention the replacement parts. But on those extemely cold rides you'll forget about the $$$$$.

I am going through the same thing. I want visibility and warmth. I currently use a hjc ac-x2 motox. Not sure what it is but I use a balaclava, goggles, noise peice for goggles. Some cold air still gets in and freezes parts. My goggles freeze up too if I hit some snow and get it in the face.

I have changed from full face to a Klim F4 with Scott Voltage X OTG googles, I also carry two pair of googles one for day time riding (yellow lense) and a clear for night, I also use a Klim back pack (nac pac) to put my googles, extra gloves, extra socks, tow strap, siphon tube and any other light wieght acc. I may need. I have to say this helmet is excellent super light less restictive and that combo NEVER has fogged on me. I am 6'6 so I do get wind in my neck/chin area so I have a fleece neck/chin warmer as well. I may buy the BVS2 helmet just to have as back up for exrteme cold.

:4STroke: :rocks:

helmet

95% of the iron Dog racers wear Open face with goggles and face shield. This allows you to get rid of moisture, get a drink, talk. Headwear is lightweight balaclava and no fog headwear.
I use to wear a full face but have been more comfortable with an open face in varying conditions.
This is probably the second most important item to consider when riding in comfort and reliability, first being clothing.
My helmet is a Shoei rjr-101, goggles Scott with vintage Scott facemask. Smith googles ( SME with their face mask is also a good set up ).

I second the idea of having two- I use an Oneal 905 motocross style helmet for warmer days (with goggles) and a BRP Modular 2 for cold days. I also like the mod2 because it is very quiet and I use helmet headphones w/ my ipod so I can listen to tunes on those longer trail rides.

Re: helmet

nytro23 said:
95% of the iron Dog racers wear Open face with goggles and face shield. This allows you to get rid of moisture, get a drink, talk. Headwear is lightweight balaclava and no fog headwear.
I use to wear a full face but have been more comfortable with an open face in varying conditions.
This is probably the second most important item to consider when riding in comfort and reliability, first being clothing.
My helmet is a Shoei rjr-101, goggles Scott with vintage Scott facemask. Smith googles ( SME with their face mask is also a good set up ).

Nytro23, is there a way to use a communicator with the no fog mask?

stopdropanroll said:
I have changed from full face to a Klim F4 with Scott Voltage X OTG googles, I also carry two pair of googles one for day time riding (yellow lense) and a clear for night, I also use a Klim back pack (nac pac) to put my googles, extra gloves, extra socks, tow strap, siphon tube and any other light wieght acc. I may need. I have to say this helmet is excellent super light less restictive and that combo NEVER has fogged on me. I am 6'6 so I do get wind in my neck/chin area so I have a fleece neck/chin warmer as well. I may buy the BVS2 helmet just to have as back up for exrteme cold.

:4STroke: :rocks:
To me this is possibly the best set up you can have. The thought of extra goggles for the day to night transition (or sunny to cloudy) along with some supplies is a great idea! My choice is also the KLIM F4. ;)!

Back