• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet speakers

Rocks trail jams is pretty good. I use it in my bike helmet.

Using a scala rider in my sled helmet so my brother can give me heck over his. Does Bluetooth link to my phone and has voice command. Was a Christmas present.

stomper said:
What are some good helmet speakers to use with an iPod or iPhone.

Hey Stomper!

Send me a PM.
Will send you a set for free!
You simply pay shipping.
You like them, send me $25 for the speakers.
You don't, and you owe me nothing more.
Fair enough?

Believe you will like them a bunch! :Rockon:

They easily sound as good, and in most cases better, than the expensive brands and are only $25 ;)!

Let me know, will get you taken care of!

Rockmeister :-o

Rockmeister said:
stomper said:
What are some good helmet speakers to use with an iPod or iPhone.

Hey Stomper!

Send me a PM.
Will send you a set for free!
You simply pay shipping.
You like them, send me $25 for the speakers.
You don't, and you owe me nothing more.
Fair enough?

Believe you will like them a bunch! :Rockon:

They easily sound as good, and in most cases better, than the expensive brands and are only $25 ;)!

Let me know, will get you taken care of!

Rockmeister :-o

Rock
With an offer like that how can I say no. There are several guys I ride with that are looking for some. When I get them installed, they can try them and If they like them, I could probably get 4 or 5 sales for you.
PM sent

Thanks Rock

tomanytoyz said:
I heard Trailjamz work great by Rock! i like to listen to the sound of my engine.

Me to usualy, but I did 675 miles in three days and one day was a 14 hour ride. I took music along and just used my ear buds but they were a pain to keep in place. If I didn't have anything to break up the whine of the engine it would have been a lot longer day. I just have the music loud enough to hear it, I can still hear the engine easily.

I may also give Rock a call and get some! There are times that I would like to listen to some Jamz .

The whaaaaaaaa and Raaaaasssp I get from the Hauck silencer after 10hrs can drive me nuts!!

The next morning I'm ok with it .

Rock
I was on your site and looked at the speakers and other stuff. It is a bit confusing to me. It's not your site, it's me lol. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the speakers can be used with my existing ipod or iphone via the small earphone jack, correct. and the mp3 player is is an option if I already don't have an mp3 player, and the power pack is to keep the mp3 player charged, Correct.

The speakers that Rock offers can be used with any player.
I do and would suggest to use his Trail Jamz set up. The amp with Bass Boost is very nice addition and the Sansa player will automatically turn on when power is restored.
I have Trail Jamz on my MX style helment. Charge it up the night before and it good for about 8-10 hours. When it dies I simply plug it in to my heated sheild plug and it resumes playing. :Rockon:

Now the sound as not as good as ear buds can be but you can hear the music and all the sounds the sled makes while cruising. When coming to a stop to talk to your buddies its simple to turn down the volume.
There is also no hassles removing and putting on your helmet as everything is contained on or in your helmet.
All in all it's a great product that works well for sledding and offered by a great guy that stands behind his products.

Holy Cow! Lol
I received a ton of messages!
Is ok. ;)!

To make this easy for both of us, will change things a bit.

Go here: http://trailjamz.com/Order.php

Scroll ALL the way to the BOTTOM of the page.

TO: WARRANTY/EXCHANGE/REPLACEMENT PARTS

Fill in that you want a FREE set of TRAIL JAMZ In-Helmet Speakers
Click BUY IT NOW and complete order.
It will charge you 1 cent and the shipping for your area. (Paypal won't let me charge zero)

Will get your speakers on their
way to you!

The kits come a standard 3.5mm(1/8") Stereo plug. Plugs right into almost every player/phone out there.
They will come with proper mounting Velcro, Helmet mounted Volume Control, Instructions, & Extension Cable.
If you do NOT use the extension cable, odds are you are doing something wrong & they will fail FAST!

The free ones will be sets that have dependability issues with the wires failing at the connections.
They were made with a plastic that does not like the cold. Our regular ones are fine in the cold.
(The free ones can also be made to last much longer if you use Liquid Electrical Tape on the end of every wire connection.)
They will give you a chance to try out our In-Helmet Speakers at little to no cost.
We both know they will fail early & have no warranty.

I have a limited supply & am saving some to give away at the TY Give-Away Ride for anyone that asks.
So if you want a set, act on it right away!
They are first come, first gets kinda thing.

(If my guys or myself have enough time, will include free shim kits also. If not will post pics of how to make them.)

Installed properly, the speakers will get pretty darn close to the quality of earbuds.
Good quality earbuds sound great & are tough to beat for audio quality.
Earbuds simply do not work well in a helmet.
Once you have your speakers properly installed, the sound is great AND you simply put your helmet on & plug in!
Simple. :sled1:

The instructions are pretty good, READ and follow them.
Most issues I have seen are with failure to READ & apply the directions.

Rock :-o

PS I did not mean to hi-jack this thread!

PPS All TRAIL JAMZ parts (Peek&Stick Helmet mounted case, Amp, Power Supply, MP3 Player, etc) can all be purchased separately also.

EDIT* Fixed typos

I'll give them a shot. Thank you very much! I've been using ear buds for years and like the sound of course but get the balacava(sp?) and helmet on with out messing up the buds can sometimes be a pita...

with these speakers, is there a disconnect at the neck level for the audio cable? (speakers and volume control can stay attached to the helmet for instance, and extension cable stays with the player in jacket)

if so, these should be exactly what I am looking for.

Back