• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help me pick which handguard for the new sidewinder

which one

• Total voters
here's some pics of mine...I will be adding a adjustable handlebar riser which gets me another couple inches (man who couldnt use that) and raise the light completely over my medium shield...
sidewinder riser bag.jpg
20170103_124255.JPG

Last edited:

Has to be a wire running up to the LEDs..how did you guys run the wiring?? From the LEDs to the bars, then down underneath the cowling?? Is it difficult to make it look stock/professional looking. Hate wires hanging out all over looking sloppy...this is my biggest concern with the LED set up???

come through the riser zip tie along the way...zip tie each side to bars...I zip tied to the mounts also...

I don't know for sure on the sidewinder on my apex I was able to run the wires in the wire loom with the rest of the wires and I covered the wires where they come out of the loom to where they connect to the hand guards with heat shrink tube and used small zip ties to hold to bar. Looks completely stock.

come through the riser zip tie along the way...zip tie each side to bars...I zip tied to the mounts also...

Sounds good. Thanks guys for the tips! Thanks Thor452 also for chiming in here.

Unless the money is right... so ya Most likely....
looking for something different? I haven't had enough seat time on mine to want anything different yet. I'm really looking forward to hopefully a much better season next year. I have the same hand guards as you and I really like the mirrors. The mirrors on my Doo are much smaller and difficult to see anything in them.

No... not really....i really like it... for me financially its a lot of jing.... which I could use elsewhere... but I'm sure it's going nowhere

Gentlemen
My son bought me LED running board lights and the Power Madd LED hand guard lights for Winder, Any one installed the running board lights? Where to run wire?

Back