• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help on Nytro drive shaft!!!

amehalic

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Nytro
I have had one slip as well but I did the same thing and never made sure the torque at 40# was actually holding it. I had the shaft machined and spray metaled for size on size with used a NEW FAG bearing. Do not use the junk that comes from cat. Ever machine that we have done between the bearing and shaft the tolerance is all over the place. This to me is the true fix, then you can add the BOP shaft saver at #30 and your good. Also it never hurts to keep the track tight as well. We found #40 will bring it up .001, at #50 it goes to .002 and at #60 it will not go any more then .0025 without wrecking the locker. Each sled needs to be check. If you dont you are just wasting money and time.
Could you help me out? Got a 2006 Yamaha nytro and my bearing absolutely will not come off. Blew out and only the inner race is on there. I’m in the process of taking the driveshaft out but what all needs to be done? So far I took the chain case cover off and the chain and stuff. Does the whole chain case need to come off and what happens with the track and skid and stuff?

Not familiar with the 2006 nytro, but sounds like you gotta drop the skid, and pull the chain case apart to get the shaft out.

Once the shaft is out you Likely need to cut the inner race off with a grinder. Did you try heating it and using a slide hammer with the 3 jaws (turned inward). It’s a Hail Mary but would save tearing it all apart.
MS

Could you help me out? Got a 2006 Yamaha nytro and my bearing absolutely will not come off. Blew out and only the inner race is on there. I’m in the process of taking the driveshaft out but what all needs to be done? So far I took the chain case cover off and the chain and stuff. Does the whole chain case need to come off and what happens with the track and skid and stuff?

To get the driveshaft out with the bearing on its possible but the skid needs to come out and the chaincase removed. Are you aware that some bearings has an eccentric ring? Just loosening the set screws won’t loosen the shaft, you need to spin the ring also. To my knowledge the Nytro’s don’t have a ring but that might not always be the case.

Last edited:
Set screws located on the inner side of that bearing. They hold the collar in place on the drive shaft. You need to raise sled enuf to get under neath, look up between the track and the inside portion of bulk head with a light...you should see a plastic cover with slots, and two torx or allen set screws. Blast them w penetrant and wait a while...they'll be seized pretty good if they haven't been removed for a while. Remove and bearing will be free to pull out.

That's if ur model is same as my 09. Should be though. Good luck

Last edited:
Screenshot_20201031-154413_Chrome.jpg

Back