• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro Chain case

Subrosa

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX Turbo
I am currently taking apart my Nytro's chain case for a track swap. While doing this I took the bottom bolt off that holds the reverse gear in, but the collar that holds the spring is seized onto the shaft. Anybody heard of this happening or how knows to fix it. Its a 2010 Nytro MTX. Any help is appreciated.
Heres some pictures
https://ibb.co/XCZN1Pf

I am currently taking apart my Nytro's chain case for a track swap. While doing this I took the bottom bolt off that holds the reverse gear in, but the collar that holds the spring is seized onto the shaft. Anybody heard of this happening or how knows to fix it. Its a 2010 Nytro MTX. Any help is appreciated.
Heres some pictures
https://ibb.co/XCZN1Pf
If you have removed the small snapring& bolt the spring pressure should push that collar right out, not an item that is typically stuck?? Look closely with a good flashlight & verify you have all hardware removed, normally you hold pressure against it while removing the bolt to keep it from flying apart, if all hardware has been removed I suppose it could be stuck on the shaft,try putting a little heat around the od of the collar( a butane or propane torch only) & move around the od of the collar, shouldn’t need to heat it very long at all, after heating tap the sides lightly with a brass or deadblow hammer, worst case it could be pulled with a small puller but it should come off with heat& light tap

Last edited:
If you have removed the small snapring& bolt the spring pressure should push that collar right out, not an item that is typically stuck?? Look closely with a good flashlight & verify you have all hardware removed, normally you hold pressure against it while removing the bolt to keep it from flying apart
Yeah i have all the hardware removed, snap ring and bolt. I have had it apart multiple times and it has always slid off while the bolt is being removed but this time it is seized onto the shaft. Do you have any suggestions for removing it.

Yeah i have all the hardware removed, snap ring and bolt. I have had it apart multiple times and it has always slid off while the bolt is being removed but this time it is seized onto the shaft. Do you have any suggestions for removing it.
Yes reread post try light heat first& light tap with brass or deadblow hammer, the shaft it slides onto is fairly small so shouldn’t be too stuck, maybe got some loctite in there from the bolt upon prior install & if so the heat will help loosen the loctite

Back