• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help setting up MPI Stage 1 Supercharger Apex at sea level

I have a MPI Stage 1 supercharger kit. Baught used from Pat Hauck. No clutch kit or gauges. I'm looking for help to make this kit trail reliable. Only want to run pump gas. Trail riding where 93octane is available. What blow off valve should I buy? My kit came with a block off plate with holes in it that cane be plugged with grub screws. Not a fan of this. What clutch kit? Ulmer? I have a heal clicker kit in the sled currently. What gauges?

I like my ulmer clutch kit and the suport i get from him the mpi blow off works fine for me and i like the AEM gauge so far large digital read for afr's kinda hard to see exactly how much boost but it works. keep it at or below 7 lbs of boost untill you do some motor work.

I have a MPI Stage 1 supercharger kit. Baught used from Pat Hauck. No clutch kit or gauges. I'm looking for help to make this kit trail reliable. Only want to run pump gas. Trail riding where 93octane is available. What blow off valve should I buy? My kit came with a block off plate with holes in it that cane be plugged with grub screws. Not a fan of this. What clutch kit? Ulmer? I have a heal clicker kit in the sled currently. What gauges?

Buy the BOV from MPI, it seems to work well in my experience. I use ulmer clutching and find it very easy to adjust, especially trail side when testing. AFR and boost gauge you need for vitals. Not sure what fuel programmer you have, but the power commander 5 has worked great for me.

Buy the BOV from MPI, it seems to work well in my experience. I use ulmer clutching and find it very easy to adjust, especially trail side when testing. AFR and boost gauge you need for vitals. Not sure what fuel programmer you have, but the power commander 5 has worked great for me.

The kit came with the Gems fuel Controller. Also where is the best spot to weld in the 02 bung? Does snow hitting them kill them?

The kit came with the Gems fuel Controller. Also where is the best spot to weld in the 02 bung? Does snow hitting them kill them?

Best place is right before the muffler on the right side (if sitting on the sled), approx 2-3" back. You want to weld it on so the sensor will be on a downward angle, so 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock on the pipe depending on how you are looking at it. You'll have to trim your muffler heat shield a bit to fit it back on. no worries of snow hitting it.

Something like this...

Attachments

• ApexPCV002.jpg
    ApexPCV002.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 246
Fyi ulmers bov is faster acting. Which means it holds more boost, for better reaction. Things sounds like a chopper coming in with the bov going in/out. Real sweet sound, and performance

I didn't realize ulmer had a BOV for MPI chargers. Does it bolt onto the mpi cooler?

hi got a voltage clamp and a pcv from hurricane performance he is great to deal with give him a shout ,that gems controller is next to impossible to set right at sea level i found but that is maybe just me

Kit is not installed yet. Want to get all my ducks in a row first. Will be only running 5-7lbs boost. No head shim. 93 pump gas safe at sea level is what I'm looking for

Just my opinion on what has worked for me. Vortech BOV, head shim 10:1 CR, 91 fuel, GEMS settings in my signature, need boost and AFR wideband (I use the AEM gauge but sensors maybe last 1-2 years tops).

If your stock CR stay closer to 5 psi than 7. I would highly recommend investigating doing a head shim. 5 psi is a gateway drug and you will want 10 psi almost immediately. No other changes needed to add the 50hp just head shim and possible 255LPH fuel pump. Its not only more power its safer.

Back