• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP! Should I buy a leftover Nytro or a Doo rev xp600 trail

i seriously thought about buying a ski-doo e-tec over my nytro. My deciding factor was I would be able to get 10,000 plus miles on my nytro motor hopefully easily if I took care of it. Good chance the two stroke motors would be plenty shot by then and need some serious overhauls.

That is just how I decided. I'm glad I decided to go fourstroke. But when i win the powerball tonight I'm gonna go buy a two stroke. :tg:

2008FxNytro said:
Engine will run well over 10k for sure!!! come on manual says oil filter is good for 12K! lol

LOL, yeah, that was just my way of talking myself into spending the money on a nytro...after I teased all my relatives for driving yamaha the last 7 years! I still tease them I like ski-doo more... just cause i dont want them to think they won.

mach9 said:
Not trying to bash ski-doo here. I love those guys, they spend money and keep me going.
Just poking a little fun at the quality control over the past couple years.

There is no way that the 500ss motor is more reliable than the Nytro 4-stroke.
Even Snowtech mag. complained about a 2 time engine failure due to poor calibration on a new xp 500ss last year. Or maybe it was the pistons were just a little too tight with tolerance.
All under warrantee of course.
I've ridden a couple 500ss' over the last couple years.
The power curve is quite soft compared to a Nytro, somewhat boring.
(but that is after being on a Nytro)
You'll need an 800xp to have an equivalent or possible better? experience.

The stuff we complain about on the Nytro's is small in comparison.
Everyone wants stuff perfect for them, and it is up to you how far you go with it.
For a casual rider...
I think all a Nytro needs is a bigger windshield, bigger carbides (normal wear item), a good set of gloves and some ice scratches to extend slider wear.
Ask the dealer to install a heated visor plug.

Cheers

well said...

Back