• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with XTX

I ride a 2009 Nytro XTX. Dont get me wrong I like the sled alot. I like almost everything about the sled except the crappy handwarmers, small tank, crappy skis, and weight(heavy). I get tired after riding 100+ miles of aggresive riding. The reason? It takes so much to turn and when I get in other tracks I takes all I have to get it out. The XTX seems to do pretty good job off trail but is hard to throw around. The conclusion is my arms and shoulders ache after a day of riding.

Thinking about getting a 2010 Ski-doo MXZ Renegade 600 ETEC. I would certainly miss the 4 stroke engine having the reliability (although the ETEC seem pretty builtproof). The lightness of the XP chassis would be a huge plus.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Get new skis, They make a trail tank for the nytro and the handwarmers you can get a fix from ROCK a TYmenber. If you get new skis the hard streeing will go away. Get a set of SKI-DOO 6.9 skis. they work great. ;)!

If you go with the pilot's you will have the same problem if you follow another sled with pilot's. If you put the SnowTracker's on your stock ski's you will steer where you want when you want and they bite in the corner's like no other bar's on the market. They do have slightly heavier feel (at slow speed's only) than stock but you will find much much less fatigue after a day of riding. Do a search in here and you will find 100% satisfaction. kviper

Re: It may be time to switch to Doo

Maine-Rider said:
I ride a 2009 Nytro XTX. Dont get me wrong I like the sled alot. I like almost everything about the sled except the crappy handwarmers, small tank, crappy skis, and weight(heavy). I get tired after riding 100+ miles of aggresive riding. The reason? It takes so much to turn and when I get in other tracks I takes all I have to get it out. The XTX seems to do pretty good job off trail but is hard to throw around. The conclusion is my arms and shoulders ache after a day of riding.

Thinking about getting a 2010 Ski-doo MXZ Renegade 600 ETEC. I would certainly miss the 4 stroke engine having the reliability (although the ETEC seem pretty builtproof). The lightness of the XP chassis would be a huge plus.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA spend a bit of time over on DT

Hey but is your $$$ enjoy your new grenade.

kviper said:
If you go with the pilot's you will have the same problem if you follow another sled with pilot's. If you put the SnowTracker's on your stock ski's you will steer where you want when you want and they bite in the corner's like no other bar's on the market. They do have slightly heavier feel (at slow speed's only) than stock but you will find much much less fatigue after a day of riding. Do a search in here and you will find 100% satisfaction. kviper

X2 I use the aggressive snow trackers on stock skis and they work excwllent ;)!

I switched back to doo. The etec is a reliable motor, especially if you leave it totally stock...which is most peoples problem to begin with on the 2 strokes.

How long do you keep your sleds? I got a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty on my new doo.

Its going to be interesting to see if my new doo or my 09 nytro (which my brother bought) gets wrenched on more over the next few years. I'm willing to bet the nytro spends more time in the shop. Probably not motor work, but little stupid stuff.

I think if you're a light rider Doo makes a great sled - as the lighter weight guys just don't have the "ballast" to easily throw around a heavier machine without feelin' it the next day.

As for me - being 265 not suited up I've got plenty of weight to use and can easily navigate my XTX through tight draws and tree's off-trail without much effort.

I also like having the heavier/beefier construction of a Yammi - I climbed up on a buddies XP Summit X once and I thought I was going to permanently bend the running board. . . .everything just seemed to be constructed so delicately with lightweight (almost flimsy) components.

Bottom line if I weighed 100lbs less there's no doubt I would take a serious look at Doo - but since I'm not I'll stick with the heavier construction.

The Etec's are not bullet proof. My friends blew up at 2,000 miles and it was completely stock. He was even running doo oil and 92 octane fuel.

Maine-Rider said:

None are without problems however I swapped from Nytro's back to doo in 08. Had both an 08 nytro and 08 XP the nytro spent more time at the dealer which is why the doo got purchased in the first place. Still riding doo today just can't compare handling, lightweight, fuel efficiency and reliability for us has been 100% bullet proof. Average 3500 - 4000 miles a season. Rode my 08 two seasons (800) then bought a 10.5 800 etec this winter have 2000 trouble free miles on it as well. Time tells the tale on all sleds however I feel I log decent 2 stroke miles (stock) in northern ontario on sometimes crappy gas trouble free.

The nytro motor is just sweet as well as the seating position loved that about the sled, if they could just get some weight off the front ends, and improve the handling and subframe it would be a real solid sled. I almost went for an XTX before getting the 800 etec but I just couldn't forget my 08 season.

sleddingfarmer said:
I switched back to doo. The etec is a reliable motor, especially if you leave it totally stock...which is most peoples problem to begin with on the 2 strokes.

How long do you keep your sleds? I got a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty on my new doo.

Its going to be interesting to see if my new doo or my 09 nytro (which my brother bought) gets wrenched on more over the next few years. I'm willing to bet the nytro spends more time in the shop. Probably not motor work, but little stupid stuff.

It's not bumper to bumper and you have to pay a deductable of 50.00 bucks for every warranty claim and they don't cover everything. Read the fine print.

Maine-Rider said:

The 600 etec would not be enough power if you had the Nytro. Get the 800 E-tec. But, lets face it... They are a 5000 mile sled, then start worrying about it's reliability around that time frame. The rest of the sled is awesome....

But to be honest, if you shim the rubbers on the bottom of the skis and run Bergstrom trippe point runners or sno-trackers and that will stop the tracking and darting. Second get Rocks hand warmers and you will be alot happier. 400.00 bucks and it will be like an upgraded/new sled.

You know.... I don't understand why Yamaha can't address the darting issue with the existing skis. When I shimmed my skis on my Nytro and I went with the bergstrom runners, I can drive 1 hand down the trail anytime. If you notice a video of the new Apex you can see the skis still trying to hunt when going down the trail. It's because of the way they have their rubbers/ski saddles. Piss poor design.... So they obviously still have not addressed the issue..

i dont get it, i weigh 175# and have a 08 nytro and i can throw it around all day long. the most in one day of riding was 269 miles and could have easly done 325 just ran out of time. i think the people that say the nytro steers heavy must not have it set up right. maybe its because i got the hygear trail pro package but to do 250 miles isn,t out of the ordinary. i say work on your sled because you can save yourself a lot of money just by doing a couple little things to make it better.

Back