• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with XTX

Maine-Rider said:
Whats a quick solution for the tunnel ice build-up problem? Is there anyone that sells a plate you can just rivit on?

Site sponser Schmidt Bros makes a plate, or you can go to your local hardware store and pick up a piece of sheet metal and make your own. It won't completely eliminate it but should help out some...but that will also depend on where you ride...off trail alot, deep powder conditions ect where you're constantly in deeper snow as opposed to a groomed trail. I have little issues with snow/ice build up but I trail ride 99% of the time...after we stop for a break I usually slap the tunnel a few times and the ice just falls out...problem solved...or keep a small hammer and tap the tunnel protectors...the vibration causes the ices to break and fall off.

Don't know...I'm making my own...just take the seat off and remove the muffler, lots of room to work....or if you go from underneath ther is even more room...don't meen to sound rude, but have you looked under there at all...not really alot to it. You could probably make one yourself for $20...just some sheet metal and rivets or self tapping screws.

Back