• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help!!

dennyboy

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 nytro XTX 1998 srx 600
I am in Michigan and one of my riding buddy's 14 viper wont start. It cranked slow so we charged the battery with a charger in the cabin. Still wont start. Fuel pump runs and the gauges light up and the kill switch is on run. We are currently warming it in the trailer with a small heater.

Is there anything that any of you can think of trying and is there a way to check codes or anything?

I am in Michigan and one of my riding buddy's 14 viper wont start. It cranked slow so we charged the battery with a charger in the cabin. Still wont start. Fuel pump runs and the gauges light up and the kill switch is on run. We are currently warming it in the trailer with a small heater.

Is there anything that any of you can think of trying and is there a way to check codes or anything?
My 14 Viper has not had this happen yet but this sounds like what my Apex would do in the cold. I just left the UP this morning so I know it’s cold. My Apex would flood and it was damn near impossible to start it without pulling the air box and holding the throttle bodies open.. Sometime I could get it to go by holding the throttle wide open and cranking.

The relays are frozen, fuel pump and i think they call it icp or something like that. They all look the same, hairdryer them all or hot water in a wash cloth. Dont laugh it works.

I got the relays in the cabin and we pulled the plugs.... what a hassle holy cow...... they were full of fuel.... it is turbocharged thinking maybe the low battery flooded it.

Tried drying them and put the plugs back in. Doesnt even try to start. Pulled plugs back out and checked spark. Has good strong spark on all 3 coils. Sent some people to get some plugs hopefully that fixes it. Plugs are very black. Always seemed to run rich after dealer installed turbo.

Going to try it in the morning hopefully let the fuel in the cylinders evaporate. If it doesnt start who wants a viper????

Put it all back together, shove a heat gun up the exhaust, go have breakfast, and it will start. If the coolant temp is zero or warmer it will start. Exactly why I fired my Viper/Xf7000.

Got it running this morning didn't have a heat gun so I stuck a propane torch on low setting in the exhaust. Put in the new plugs and held the throttle on fuel cut and then let off the thottle and it started after a couple tries.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Back