• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here is what I would like to see for 2013 yamaha

grader and hossz28 that will be enough! There will be no 2nd warning for you two and this thread will be locked.

Light weight sd 2 stroke for those who do not ride on groomed trail YAMAHA you need to come back b 4 the world comes to an end so give us what we need lol

Move the thumb warmer to the left side so both grip and thumb warmer can be adjusted with the left hand.....on the Apex. Change the track adjustment bolt back behind the track like it was on pre 2011 Apexes. Too much ice build up on the front mounted adjuster. Develop a tunnel that doesn't build up ice in the skid (due to the rear exhaust). More storage on the Apex. Make the oil filter more accessible. New Apex 128's build up too much snow on the tail light making it difficult to view. Raise the seat even higher to put hips further above knees.

ecopter said:
Change the track adjustment bolt back behind the track like it was on pre 2011 Apexes. Too much ice build up on the front mounted adjuster. Develop a tunnel that doesn't build up ice in the skid (due to the rear exhaust). More storage on the Apex. Make the oil filter more accessible. New Apex 128's build up too much snow on the tail light making it difficult to view. Raise the seat even higher to put hips further above knees.

I'll second the track adjustment bolt back to where it was and do something about the tunnel ice build up.

Interestingly enough, I never had the snow on the tail light issue. I put 4,000 K on in mostly soft snow so lots of snow flying around me all the time.

I did put luggage on the back to solve the storage issue and maybe that cured the snow on the tail light problem you mention as well.

I had the dealer change the oil and filter for the first oil change. I will change the oil annually from now on but the next owner gets to do the next filter change so not concerned about that one.

I would not want the seat any higher personally as I prefer to keep the COG lower. However perhaps If I had longer legs I would agree with you. I am tall in the body so i would actually like a higher windshield and a seat about 1/2 way between the old Apex seat and the new Apex seat in height and foam density. [My but actually got sore with the dense foam on one long ride this year.]

Hard for them to please everyone in some areas but the ice build up issues with the track adjuster and tunnel are no brainers that would make everyone happy.

:Rockon:

snoman said:
Light weight sd 2 stroke for those who do not ride on groomed trail YAMAHA you need to come back b 4 the world comes to an end so give us what we need lol

WHY? Direct Injection 2 strokes are still not clean enough to pass future emissions changes. 4 strokes are doing it with 1980's style open loop EFI. The claims that Doo puts out about there Etec claiming its cleaner than a 4 stroke is only true on SOME of the emissions number, not all, and the ones they barely pass on are going to be the hard ones for ANY 2 stroke to pass.

X2 on the left side thumb warmer and back light them. A track option would be nice. Pre drilled, single ply Cobra , 1-1/4" perhaps.

2013 sled revions

my wife and i both have 2006 vector's 8000+ on each believe me
there ar great sleds--milage great--ride is great-- easy to work on
the same sled is now 3500 dollars more

you all have great idea's guess who pays?

TOMBOB
CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE THOSE SOCKERS ANOTHER 8000

Re: 2013 sled revions

TOMBOB said:
my wife and i both have 2006 vector's 8000+ on each believe me
there ar great sleds--milage great--ride is great-- easy to work on
the same sled is now 3500 dollars more

you all have great idea's guess who pays?

TOMBOB
CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE THOSE SOCKERS ANOTHER 8000

Interesting point. But consider if a sled cost $9500 in 06, and the price increased 5% a year untill 2012, the price would be $12124. I payed $12164. And I get power steering , good seat, hand warmers etc. I unfortunately I may get dim lights, slider wear, etc lol.
I really wish they had a base model and let us build what we want. That would be a "Game Changer"

B cuz

blueironranger said:
snoman said:

WHY? Direct Injection 2 strokes are still not clean enough to pass future emissions changes. 4 strokes are doing it with 1980's style open loop EFI. The claims that Doo puts out about there Etec claiming its cleaner than a 4 stroke is only true on SOME of the emissions number, not all, and the ones they barely pass on are going to be the hard ones for ANY 2 stroke to

Less heaviness on the groomless trail we ride in ak a reliable pull start from my royal brand cause my starter broke many miles away from home had no other way to start it which sux azz less moving parts like the steering,stronger light pod too there yamaha and change your donuts to copper will gtg take apart many many many parts to get my apex running again.

I went from the 2stroke yamahas, one which I still own, to doos and then bought an apex last year, then went right back to doo. Yamaha needs a lot of work to get anywhere near competition imo. The sleds are awsome but plaqued with so many stupid issues. Here my list. Exhaust donuts that need to be changed constantly, crappy hand warmers, unusual ride characteristics on normally beat up trails that we all encounter, oil tank hairline cracking, idlers falling off and or delaminating, hyfax that lasts one ride, huge amount of drone from the exhaust at trail speeds, terrible mpg, headlight mounts that break if you fart near it, bushings that last half season, sloppy steering joints, terrible skis, hard starting in cold weather, back firing, severe issues with rear exhausts causing ice build up, lack of storage space, shock adjuster wires that fall off all the time, have to disassemble half the sled just to do an oil change and get the battery out for storage, the paint/powder coating in the a-arms and rear skids is sinful, as well as the cracking rear skid parts, the list can go on. Funny thing is Yamaha was known for reliability and in my eyes all the issues with thier snowmobiles are reliability issues. My 01 Yamaha suffers from none of these issues but yet the apex I had had everyone in the book.. forget the weight, forget the price. Yamahas reliability and design flaws are plaqueing thier sleds and a lot of people have had enough. It's used to to be 4stroke Yamaha vs 2 stroke everyone else's sleds but the reality is all the other manufactures make great 4 strokes and great 2 strokes, they all make excellent chassis and Yamaha thought 4strokes would take then into the future but they forgot the reliability in the chassis makes a huge difference too. I had more issues with the apex then any sled I've ever owned and would think long and hard before I'd ever come back. I'm not bashing, my feelings are from actual experience.

I agree, Max. Had I not bought an '11 Apex last year, I'd be on a new Arctic Cat this year. I'm willing to give another manufacturer a chance since these silly items just begin to wear on a person. JMO

I disagree maxout..i have had every one of my ski doos towed..blown motors, popped pistons,(583 mxz, 700 mxz, and 600 ho rev) faulty exhaust valves(583)
bad stator (670 ho)....all of them blew belts between 500 and 1200 miles...never had a ski doo belt last longer than 1200....had enough will never buy yellow junk again.
I have blown up two yamahas...my 98 xtc deluxe spun the crank...3 months past warranty...yamaha covered it.
I also overheated my 06 attak, and cooked the motor..totally my fault...hit something on lake and took out
front heatexchanger..again my fault...my 07 gt attak has been excellent...it has been expertly maintained by my dealer....it now has close to 12,000 miles, and runs excellent...i am not a big fan of the mono skid, but I wouldnt trade it for any ski doo...been there...wont do it again.

blueironranger said:
snoman said:

WHY? Direct Injection 2 strokes are still not clean enough to pass future emissions changes. 4 strokes are doing it with 1980's style open loop EFI. The claims that Doo puts out about there Etec claiming its cleaner than a 4 stroke is only true on SOME of the emissions number, not all, and the ones they barely pass on are going to be the hard ones for ANY 2 stroke to pass.

And what do you think becomes of the spent engine oil from our 4 strokes? I don't know about you but my $45 worth of Amsoil goes to a local car dealership where for a small fee they will burn it in their waste oil furnace. :4STroke:

And what do you think becomes of the spent engine oil from our 4 strokes? I don't know about you but my $45 worth of Amsoil goes to a local car dealership where for a small fee they will burn it in their waste oil furnace. :4STroke:[/quote]

But the oil did get used for a second time. I'm assuming that the heat from the furnace is heating something other than just the chimney.

Back