• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID'S

mtcooler

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 ZR 7000 LTD Sno Pro
Installed hid kit from rock went good all plug and play. My ? is of you guys running this kit. If i adjust the lights to have a good low beam the high beam is in the tree tops and if i adjust for a good high beam the low is right on the ground in front of the sled? Think the lights pull in to far? Anyone have this problem and a solution? Really like how brite they.

Rock is doing some testing and hopefully he'll like my mod. I ended up using 2) 011 Viton orings in the magnetic part of the system to limit travel. I have my Lo beam where I think I want it. The Hi beam was still much too high with the single oring so I added another. On the wall it looks good. I just need some night running to test it.

I posted pics in a different thread a few months back.

It's something you can't really fix you have to choose one or the other to be good. The low and high beam are so far spread apart. And that fact you can't adjust each sepreatly sucks. I chose to make the high beam good and the low beam is low. Just choose which one you'd prefer to be good.

I see what you are doing TD is there much heat in that location to use a normal oring? That and i think the part you have apart is metal on mine.

I don't think there is a lot of heat and I'm sure a std oring would be fine for a while. I used orings because it was easy and we just happened to have the viton ones on hand.

Big picture you could use a punch out or a button in the base. Anything to limit travel.

After putting 400 miles on my Nytro last week with HID's installed I was disappointed that the Viper headlight design is no better than the Nytro's. I did some testing with the Nytro's high/low beam differential and determined that a simple modification to the lower anti-glare shield corrects the problem. I've never tried limiting the pull in the bulb which I'm sure helps but the anti-glare shield is an easier fix and if you need to replace a bulb you don't have to modify it again. The lower shield has a notch cut in it allowing more light to pass through when the bulb pulls back for high beam which reflects of the lower lens and up into the air (trees). By opening up the notch more light hits the lower lens in the low beam position allowing for a lower beam adjustment. You actually get better low beam illumination and the high beam isn't in the trees so it's usable. I haven't made the mod to the Viper yet but will be doing it in the next few days.

I ordered the rocks kit today and he indicate that he did make some changes to the design based on Feedback from TD Max...

I do really like how my high beams work no one wanted to lead they liked how it showed everything. Hope next week I do not have to lead and can see how the low beams work when following.

When I installed my Rockz HID kit I pushed down on the headlight housing while I screwed in the two screws threat secure it. My low and high beams are in a perfect position. I absolutely love these lights!! The only problem I've hab is a couple times after morning start up the right light would turn off. I think it must of been because of an engine stumble and lost power for a split second. Turn engine off and restart both lights stayed on. It is a definitely a must do mod!!

Hid's are funny that way. They need a steady current to start and sometimes when starting there is a voltage drop that keeps it from "igniting"

I do really like how my high beams work no one wanted to lead they liked how it showed everything. Hope next week I do not have to lead and can see how the low beams work when following.

I got the same from my Doo buddy. He said he could have just turned his light off as he was riding using my lights.

The HID's are so bright if hauling butt the guy in front goes faster because they think you are on their butt. They go faster till they crash. Seen it plain as day 3 times! Was never closer than 50 ft when the guy in front crashed. Is intimidating to some so watch for that unless you are racing. Then its a good thing!

The HID's are so bright if hauling butt the guy in front goes faster because they think you are on their butt. They go faster till they crash. Seen it plain as day 3 times! Was never closer than 50 ft when the guy in front crashed. Is intimidating to some so watch for that unless you are racing. Then its a good thing!

I bet you enjoyed that and even did it on purpose ;)

Back