• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High beam issue

Kirkdking

Extreme
So I noticed the other night that I don't have high beam or there stuck on high bean and I got no low beam. Currently I have a set of hid in her for the last 3 years never had any issue till the other night, the hid are analog and not digital slim ones and there is two of them one for each light bulb.

I checked the fuse, relay and wiring all seems good to me. Even when I push the high beam switch the light in the dash lights up blue. Any one got any pointers?? 2009 nytro xtx

The way my HID lights work is that nothing internally actually changes in the bulb from hi to lo, it just moves the bulb back in the housing to give youp either hi or lo. On mine it's controlled by plugging one of your factory light sockets into the HID harness. Maybe this plug came loose?

had the same thing and my dealer told me to replace the switch which did not make sense because it was changing the dash light to blue thinking the switch was working. But it was the switch in my case, i changed it and it works fine

The way my HID lights work is that nothing internally actually changes in the bulb from hi to lo, it just moves the bulb back in the housing to give youp either hi or lo. On mine it's controlled by plugging one of your factory light sockets into the HID harness. Maybe this plug came loose?
Yeah I looked at that and I even changed it from one light plug to the other one. Guess all is left is to change the switch then.

Could be your lighting relay. It's a SPDT so if it sticks, it will be stuck on either hi or low. If it worked occasionally, that would explain how you might see it switch then get stuck again. Pretty typical as these relays definitely deteriorate over time. Can't remember which of the four is the lighting relay, but its the only one with 5 pins coming out of the relay.

OTM

Back