• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High Mileage Vector

2datrl

Extreme
All,
By the end of this season I should have 11,ooo miles on my 2012 Vector.
The track and donuts were changed at 8000 mile. Shocks and clutches serviced a few times along the way. New battery.
If I do not trade for a 2020, what should I plan on doing for the next season?
My thoughts are drive shaft bearings, clutches and shock service, skid bearings as needed.
Anything else?
Thanks in advance.
2datrl

Have you done the A Arm bushings? there are kit's out there. Also replace bushings in skid. Drive shaft bearings should be good for a while if you've greased the ones behind the secondary's regularly.

other than the bushings, you are on the right track. my 2011 xtx had the speedo bearing fail at 11000 mi and as the paranoid guy i am, i did the jackshaft bearing and chain case bearings while i was in there. as i added 2000 miles after i did that and had noticed that the chain and gears had wear, i replaced them during off season maintenece.

i know pioneer used to, try ulmer racing or barn of parts.

I have a 2012 vector LTX It has a bit better than 14,000 miles on it
Just checked donuts and they are fine. original
A bracket beside them broke loose and it had to be re riveted.
I change my drive shaft/speedo bearing every 2 years. 35 bucks to change it, 500 to fix when it goes on the trail.
I forgot to change the jack shaft/secondary clutch bearing and it went out on the trail. Got hot enough to warp the shaft. Thats expensive.
I need to rebuild shocks this summer and do the A arm bushings.
Changed a few bearings on idler wheels and a couple wheels. Otherwise its fine
Track is original.
Did a bit of clutch work
I found that when its 10 belowF the power steering acts up and quits

Back