• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High Performance Belts

Rayman5271

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha SR Viper XTX SE
I am going to purchase a new belt for my nytro... has anyone tried aftermarket belts or is the yamaha belt the way to go?

I would hae to second "Hurricane". The XS will grip better, especially if wet and keep the clutches cooler because of the flexiblity and grooved back. The stock belt is hard as nails and will last forever but will not have the added performance of the XS

I'd third that. XS belts are the best. I have two nytros. One mine n the other the wifes and I left the stock belt on hers and jumping from one sled to the other I swear you can tell a difference. :letsnow:

EsonPZ said:
How about Gates, does anyone have any experience with them?
... the only belt I've ever used that actually holds together. I was going through about 3 OEM belts per year (03RX), and the dayco/whatever junk last only for about 50 km.

The problem with the OEM belts is that they're too HARD, so when you put it to any real work, they slip and burn. The problem with the dayco belt is that they stretch/elongate and lose internal lugs.

I bought a pair of gates belts a few years ago, still running the first one. Three years of use.

There are people who get good results out of the OEM belts, but I suspect that these are people who stick to groomed/hard trails and ice. Deep snow puts a lot more stress on the belt and is where it is most likely to slip and burn.

Back