• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Higher seat???

The rtx and mountain seats are firmer foam, will give you a cpl inches with the stock look.... just an fyi....

I agree with the foam idea. I did this with my cat f7. I took it to a upholster and he did it for me in half an hour.I cant say for sure that the seat cover has enough stretch in it to recover that much, but my cat had plenty for about 2 inches. He just popped all the staples out and put new foam he used for seat bases underneath excisting foam.This way you keed original shape on top part of seat the same as stock.Then pulled tight and restapled together.He made it look easy but i could tell it wasnt as easy as he made it look. Everyone that rode my sled was impressed by the better riding position. I had a 04 and in 05 they raised the seat.That gave me the idea instead of getting the newer seat for lots of money. It worked great. As of now i dont feel the need to raise my rtx seat, but down the road you never know. Good luck.

I had a local upholstery shop cut out some of the soft foam and replace it with a firmer foam plus 4 inches. My seat now is more flat, not slanted towards the tank. Best thing I did to my Attak. The stock seat cover had plenty of stretch and material to work with. This and 3.5 inch risers and I can ride all day and no stiff knees and hips.

I am new to the forum, First post, but have done about a 3" foam riser to my apex seat and it is amazing. It is firmer and doesnt "sag" after long trail rides. It is also easier to go from sitting to standing position. I can do the mod to other seats for $80 plus shipping. I can send you detailed pics if anyone is interested.

higher seat

Does anybody know what happen to loligager or jneilsonjr ????

We would love to see some pics and have some more info on the seat mod

higher seat

Does anybody know what happen to loligager or jneilsonjr ????

We would love to see some pics and have some more info on the seat mod

Back