• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle Air Box Mod

rrxx-1

Expert
I need help doing this mod, I got the cover from Dave, But all that was included was a picture of the Bottom air box, no notes, no instructions.

Any one have this info or can help figure this out? Thanks...

You need to pull the air box out of the sled . When you have it out you will see there is a spot where you can drill a 3 or 4" hole. There is only one place it will fit. There is a flat spot with no plastic rods sticking up to support the air box foam. That is where it gets drilled. If you don't have a hole saw big enough you can enlarge it with a dremel or die grinder.

Does anything go over the hole? I thought a read when I was searching, something about trimming the lower box?

No nothing goes over the hole. It basically sits right down on top of the motor. You could put a piece of flow rite material in there if you want but it is not needed. I have nothing in there.

I did drop him an email, but he usually doesn't reply back till evening time, I am sure he is very busy this time of the year.

I just installed my Hurricane Hindle kit the other day. I took the airbox out which is a pain in the arse. Disconnect the steering rod and I also removed the rad bolts so I could get at the boot fasteners to loosen them.

I used the biggest hole saw I had and based on the photo I enlarged it with a die grinder. I didn't go over the edge of the box like the picture showed, but it will be fine. The hole is relatively the same size.

The only issue I had is my exhaust touches the tunnel when coming out of the hole under the seat. I put some heat tape the to prevent wear.

RX1MPete said:
I just installed my Hurricane Hindle kit the other day. I took the airbox out which is a pain in the arse. Disconnect the steering rod and I also removed the rad bolts so I could get at the boot fasteners to loosen them.

I used the biggest hole saw I had and based on the photo I enlarged it with a die grinder. I didn't go over the edge of the box like the picture showed, but it will be fine.

You don't need to loosen the clamps on the boots at the back of the air box. You can pop the box off without loosening them.

You should drill the hole, Dave at hurricane claims good gains with the air box mod.The instructions I got from hurricane racing along with the lid mod is to drill a 3-1/2" hole on the flat spot of the air box located at the bottom of the air box.

RX1MPete said:

I used the biggest hole saw I had and based on the photo I enlarged it with a die grinder. I didn't go over the edge of the box like the picture showed, but it will be fine. The hole is relatively the same size.

The only issue I had is my exhaust touches the tunnel when coming out of the hole under the seat. I put some heat tape the to prevent wear.

my Hindle hit the tunnel in the exact same place

Here's a pic hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 270
Thanks guys, between the info here and Dave shooting me an email back, I will get it done. Thanks again....

Back