• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How long before contour camera shows up?

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
Hey all,

For those of you who bought a sled this year, how long after purchasing did it take for your contour camera to show up? I have a trip coming up in two weeks for a buddies bachelor party and it would be kinda cool to have it by then, but something tells me it takes more than 4 weeks to get these?

hmm. its been over two weeks since I bought mine. maybe there is hope for it to show up before the trip after all!

what mount (if any) does it come with?

it comes with a fixed strainght mount and one that is rotational. both are low profile and a challenge to mount on most helmets. I still have not gotten one to work on my BVS2 cause the large shield will hit it anywhere I mount it. The straight one I put under the bill of my MotorFist open face so it is not really visible to others when riding.

Any thing my eyes are on gets in the video.

Attachments

• 1Visor Cam.jpg
    1Visor Cam.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 112
hmm. thats an interesting spot. I hope it shows before our trip to hurley, it would be nice to play around with mounts and see the results

Bought my sled back in November and no camera but I have no faith in my dealer. I will most likely never get mine.

I would say speak with your dealer. I ordered my sled on Oct 29. Picked it up DEC 2 and had my camera on or around the 15th.

Subaru2006

I didn't know anything about a camera. I got my sled in December were we're suppose to automatically get it or ask dealer about it?

Mine just showed up ... Bought my sled a month ago ... Looks like a nice piece ,Now just need to figure it out .. Anyone have any tips on operation / software. I like that mounting location under the visor , right now my gopro is mounted on the side and catches the occasional branch .

Check your dealer it is not automatic they have to request it. It is plug and play you can just hook to computer and save files to drive and play them or insert the card into computer.

It does come with software that will also display gps mapping of the video and you can use to edit the film. I got a 32 gig card wich should hold about 2 hours of video. cannot find spare batteries yet

my dealer just told me it would be another 2-3 weeks, for a total of 5-6 weeks

Back