• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How long does limp mode contine?

shawnj

Expert
Just wondering how long the limp mode continues after the red light and shut down happens? I was loading onto trailer and it wasnt going so well, so I decided to try something different and it shut off. It started back up but when I went to turn it around i took for a couple min spin and it was defiantely in some sort of limp mode and making a funny noise. Likely noise due to limp mode. Dunno, My first ride on my winder and was only out maybe 30mins to test it.

Did it overheat? Any codes? What caused it to go into limp mode?

Is cooling system properly bled, mean ALL air is out of system FOR SURE? These things are very sensitive to any air in system.

Is cooling system properly bled, mean ALL air is out of system FOR SURE? These things are very sensitive to any air in system.
I unfortunately cant answer that at the moment. This was my first little test and it was really just off trailer for maybe 30 mins. Sled was drove for 1000 kms by the dealer I bought it from in July.

Was there a red light on the dash, I believe left side?

Probably due to low snow, keep an eye on temperature gauge or drop scratchers.

Start it up it probably is fine now.

Probably due to low snow, keep an eye on temperature gauge or drop scratchers.

Start it up it probably is fine now.
I will start it this morning and check and let it run up to temp. Ya I will drop scratchers when need it, I just installed them. This was my first ride on my sled and was just back and forth across lake with near zero snow and along side a road on a trail but it did have fresh snow.

Your coolant temp should always be up on dash.. If not hit the buttons until it is.. Anything into the 175-185 range you should get into loose snow or drop scratchers.. It will go into limp mode around 210 degrees.. Try not to let these creep up in temps.. 168-172 is where they should always be. And yes if you get into limp mode get into off trail loose snow to cool it and the light will go out and out of limp mode.. Not good to keep running into limp mode for temps

Yes it was on. Was still on when i loaded onto trailer.
Sounds like the sled got hot, you can’t let these SW idle long if they are already close to operating temps or if temps are not that cold outside, only time you can is when you first start it after sitting for a long period of time like first thing in the morning, few weeks ago started mine in -34c and took about 8-10 minutes to get to 76c which is where my sled runs at but after that you can’t let it idle much longer or it will over heat and go into limp mode.

Your coolant temp should always be up on dash.. If not hit the buttons until it is.. Anything into the 175-185 range you should get into loose snow or drop scratchers.. It will go into limp mode around 210 degrees.. Try not to let these creep up in temps.. 168-172 is where they should always be. And yes if you get into limp mode get into off trail loose snow to cool it and the light will go out and out of limp mode.. Not good to keep running into limp mode for temps
Ya good point. I did have the temp up on the dash. I seen 104 c, not sure where it went after that as once i restarted i loaded on trailer. I just did conversion and looks like about 219 F.

Back