• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many are happy with thier Viper?

Are you happy with your Viper?

• Yes

Votes: 92 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters
So with 1000 (2239 on the sled ) miles on my new to me viper. If you look at what I have done(all before I rode it) to it I absolutely love it. I am on the trail 99% of the time and I got the sled to rail with minimal body english. I did have a couple of hot starts (original flash) but other than that I love the sled.

Where there is snow. I hope
What year and model Viper?

So with 1000 (2239 on the sled ) miles on my new to me viper. If you look at what I have done(all before I rode it) to it I absolutely love it. I am on the trail 99% of the time and I got the sled to rail with minimal body english. I did have a couple of hot starts (original flash) but other than that I love the sled.

Where there is snow. I hope
I should have looked around, just saw its a 14 XTX.

Mine handled very well this past season for me. I was using the stock (garbage) runners & 2" carbides that it comes with. Put the rear slide springs to the softest setting and pulled up the limiter strap to the next hole. I haven't even touched the front shocks yet and don't think I will as they soak up bumps just right. I only pulled up the front limiter strap because the sled was pushing in the corners with the junk runners & carbides that came with the sled. I'll be putting on 6" woodys carbides for next 2season and try the limiter strap back in the stock setting...it should rail but we'll see. However, I did like the lighter steering effort on the stock limiter strap setting. I could definitly feel the difference after I pulled the straps up one hole. So I'm hoping I'll be able to put it back to stock setting with the 6" carbides...
I to love the light steering and currently run the limiter stock. I have Tuners with Quality Carbides. I'm also running 90 studs down the middle on a 129" track. I find that if I sit center or back on the seat it is perfect for strait line cruising at any speed but at higher speeds will push some in the corners.
To overcome the "push" I simply push my feet down and forward on the running boards and transfer my weight from my seat to my feet it rails the corners very predictably, sounds crazy but pulling down on the inside handle bar thru the corner seems to help as well. What I have found is that by running the ski pressure as light as possible it really helps eliminate darting completely. In my opinion the stock carbides should come with a disclaimer, it seems no one has ever been happy with them.

Well ok but uf you go back to po get an indy cause the pro s and r are basically dirt bikes with 1 ski in the ground even going straight. Thhey are so sensituve to weight distribution that you can rause a ski by lifting a foot iff the rynnining board

Ya yamadog that's why I'm hesitating not like I don't like the viper just to tipy. Motor is awesome and no problems at all with machine. We'll see what yamaha does for there 50th. I want to see if SW is the same as tipy goes. I do have one year full warranty left may just keep it one more year. Not to struck on going back to two stroke.

I hear ya on the 2 smoke thing. My 2012 blew up at 800 miles, the 13 we turned up the oil pump and I add oil to the gas and my buddies 13 blew up at 400 miles nothing like riding with fingers crossed!

Ya I bought a new 2013 pro-r 800 and first trip the engine temp light came on all the time that's when I decided to switch to yamaha motors. I could kill the bumps with that suspension. I think Polaris and yamaha should have got together lol.

Last edited:

Back