• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many are happy with thier Viper?

Are you happy with your Viper?

• Yes

Votes: 92 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters
I can most certainly keep up with them just don't have the high top speed numbers that they claim to have. And that's the going price for a viper in my area.

Shouldn't be any difference in price from your area to mine. It's still Canadian dollar. I paid $12,400 for my viper. Not tryin to piss ya off but I'm guessing You must of paid full msrp...

I love my viper by the way! No problems other than a little hard starting in really cold weather. Can't wait for next season!

Too tipy for me gotta let it go if I can sell it.
My brother loves and rides a 2011 Apex SE and after only a mile or two on my Viper he said the same thing "too tipy". He jumped off and said "its nice but its not for me". He can be a little ADD at times, if he gave it a chance and set the sled up for his weight and rider style he may have not gotten off so quickly. A friend of mine has been riding for over 18 years and currently has 5 Apexs. We switched sleds for a short while and he loved the Viper, he is now considering a Sidewinder for 2017 as well as keeping his 14 Apex XTX. They (Vipers) can be "tipy", however any sled with the Vipers chassis design can feel unstable or "tipy". It is up to the rider to set the sled up, take advantage of the machines abilities and have fun.
I'm loving my Viper

Good grief I would hate to see you guys on a Polaris Pro S 800 or even better a 13 Pro R going straight you only have 1 ski on the ground! on my xtx I cannot get it to raise a ski
;)!

I got the inside ski off the ground once and I thought I was goin over! Outside ski caught on something...other than that she stays planted.

Was more than happy with my old 14 RTX-SE, will be upgrading to the winder next year. 5000+ almost trouble free miles (Starter issue only). Yamaha is fixing my only issue with the viper lack of top end power hence the upgrade

Haha! You sure do wake up quick! I'm always daydreaming out there...

I am the same way but I do find that if I daydream then catch an edge the piss in my pants will wake me up in about 5 mins at -35 F

Hahaha! Something usually wakes me up, but it's not the coffee anymore. That just neutralizes me so I have a good day!

So with 1000 (2239 on the sled ) miles on my new to me viper. If you look at what I have done(all before I rode it) to it I absolutely love it. I am on the trail 99% of the time and I got the sled to rail with minimal body english. I did have a couple of hot starts (original flash) but other than that I love the sled.

Where there is snow. I hope

Mine handled very well this past season for me. I was using the stock (garbage) runners & 2" carbides that it comes with. Put the rear slide springs to the softest setting and pulled up the limiter strap to the next hole. I haven't even touched the front shocks yet and don't think I will as they soak up bumps just right. I only pulled up the front limiter strap because the sled was pushing in the corners with the junk runners & carbides that came with the sled. I'll be putting on 6" woodys carbides for next 2season and try the limiter strap back in the stock setting...it should rail but we'll see. However, I did like the lighter steering effort on the stock limiter strap setting. I could definitly feel the difference after I pulled the straps up one hole. So I'm hoping I'll be able to put it back to stock setting with the 6" carbides...

I have had a Polaris since I was 16. I am now 41. I have never had a sled as tipy as this. I have tried everything for 2 years. I will see what yamaha does next year, if no new chassis for the new engine back to Polaris I will go. I give yamaha credit for there engines but you have to built a chassis and engine together. You can not stick an engine in anywhere and expect it to work. The idea was good but I'm my opinion did not work as good as I had hoped. Engines are far superior but chassis not so much. If they can fix that they will have the market on there side easily if they want to invest the money.

Last edited:

Back