• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many are happy with thier Viper?

Are you happy with your Viper?

• Yes

Votes: 92 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

I owned an apex from 2006 until i bought this Viper. The Viper Is WAY easier to work on. Try replacing the exhaust donuts on an apex that would blow out everyt 3000 miles!

I am very pleased with the build quality of the viper so far. Have 770 miles on mine.

happy

Happy with yhe sled so far but like people are saying it is a bear to service.Going to drill a 1 inch hole where the oil drain is and that shouls solve the mess when draining the tank.Got a 1 inch plastic plug at Lowes today to fill in the hole.

Re: happy

garyw said:
Happy with yhe sled so far but like people are saying it is a bear to service.Going to drill a 1 inch hole where the oil drain is and that shouls solve the mess when draining the tank.Got a 1 inch plastic plug at Lowes today to fill in the hole.

Great idea.

I see a problem with my poll. It doesn't qualify the actual Viper owners from the trolls. Dang.

I love my viper coming from owning a 09 nytro rtx se ,First thing I did last night was take apart plastics ,Exhaust ,Tighten all hose clamps (every single one was loose).especially the ones that connect the oil lines to bottom of oil tank was starting to leak slight film of oil.Chain was loose even the jam nut (tightened to spec as per manual and all good)This was all after 100.8 miles I decided to do all this after reading posts of antifreeze leaks and what not.Glad I did as maybe coulda blew a chain case or leaked glycol or oil.Everything works great reverse and all,I start up in -40 degrees celcuis no problem as I hae a silicone heating pad installed on bottom of engine works great.Thinking of putting one on top side of battery to have full cranking power in even colder temp's as we get to -60's with windchill.

stingray719 said:
LM7800 said:
I'm happy with the ride. However the fit n finish leaves much to be desired! The serviceability sucks as well. Having to tear apart so much to tighten drive chain or change oil.

Heh, you ever change oil and filter in a Apex or Phazer? ;)!
Yeah, i use to have an apex and 2 nytros. I'll give you the apex filter was no fun, however @every 12000 miles not bad. as far the oil tanks much easier to get to and cleaner than a Viper. And the chain cases where a hell of alot nicer to service on the old yamahas

Love it , the best riding sled I have ever rode and yamaha makes the best motors in the world period.

LM7800 said:
stingray719 said:
LM7800 said:
I'm happy with the ride. However the fit n finish leaves much to be desired! The serviceability sucks as well. Having to tear apart so much to tighten drive chain or change oil.

Heh, you ever change oil and filter in a Apex or Phazer? ;)!
Yeah, i use to have an apex and 2 nytros. I'll give you the apex filter was no fun, however @every 12000 miles not bad. as far the oil tanks much easier to get to and cleaner than a Viper. And the chain cases where a hell of alot nicer to service on the old yamahas

Agreed.

I probably shouldn't be voting here because the Viper is my wife's, but comparing it to her other first year Viper ride and handling are leaps and bounds better (the 02 was sprung and valved for a 500 lb. Sumo wrestler). This XTX actually weighs less than her 02 ER and 84 lbs. less than her Rage. 84 lbs. is about 20 lbs. less than she weighs in full riding gear.
It's finally warmed up enough to go for a decent ride this weekend so we will find out more about it.
It was 7.3 hours on the machine to get through the PAINFUL 160 K so not much learned about it at top speed of 50 K.

LM7800 said:

All it would of took is a little research to know what you were up against before you bought it. I looked at everything and new what I was getting into before I bought it. I was well aware of the oil change and taking off the hood. Didn't really think about the chain. But for me it's three bolts. To many people on this website complaining for small reasons. Love the site but people get off your asses and fix these little things and quit complaining! This is a awesome sled and I love mine! No problems and it's what I wanted! It's way more fun to ride than the Nytro. Big issues I understand, but people (men) get a set of balls and quit whining!little problems are easy to fix. Maybe get creative and problem solve some things. Every manufacture has issues! If you don't like it sell it and get off the site. If I were thinking about buying this sled and read all of these little complaints I would second guess myself. All false this is a great sled and will make Yamaha a contender now! ;)! :o|

YamahaTim said:
LM7800 said:

All it would of took is a little research to know what you were up against before you bought it. I looked at everything and new what I was getting into before I bought it. I was well aware of the oil change and taking off the hood. Didn't really think about the chain. But for me it's three bolts. To many people on this website complaining for small reasons. Love the site but people get off your asses and fix these little things and quit complaining! This is a awesome sled and I love mine! No problems and it's what I wanted! It's way more fun to ride than the Nytro. Big issues I understand, but people (men) get a set of balls and quit whining!little problems are easy to fix. Maybe get creative and problem solve some things. Every manufacture has issues! If you don't like it sell it and get off the site. If I were thinking about buying this sled and read all of these little complaints I would second guess myself. All false this is a great sled and will make Yamaha a contender now! ;)! :o|

I would have to agree with you. My buddy rode my viper and he used to own a turbo 1100 cat... His quote when he got off my sled was "well... Yamaha made this sled feel like a Yamaha... It's twice as smooth as my cat and the clutching makes the sled Feel great."

I too also bought the viper knowing it had less power... But knew these engines handle boost great. My ultimate goal was to put a turbo on this sled. Looks like in my near future I'll be joining team MPI and the curve skis getting ordered tomorrow to help it in the turns! Whoop woot!!

Sounds good! I'm also looking at the Curve skis. The MPI turbo is a great addition to this sled! You will love it! Goes like hell :Rockon:

Sorry if I got upset there, but I'm just sick of people whining about this and that! I mean really another coolant leak to add to the list, holy crap take a screw driver and tighten it up and go ride don't hurry up and post it. Easy stuff to fix! Maybe have one post about it not three! Most things are very easy to fix and it's good practice taking it apart. Just think how fast we can do it now...lol. Just use common sense gentlemen and Ladies! :die

I love this sled and thinking about getting one for my wife! :Rockon:

Back