• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Much Play in Upper A-Arms

danjpohl

Pro
I just sent my shocks in to be re valved and noticed my upper a-arms rattle a little. Probably can move back and forth 1/16 -> 1/8 inch. They just rattle around a little by the large bolt up top. The lower ones do not rattle at all.

Is this the symptom of loose a-arm bolts I have heard about?

I suppose I need to tear in further and check them out or should they not rattle at all and I should just take it to dealer?

THANKS

Either loose bolt or the plastice busings inside the a arm are shot. Either way, if the bolt is loose im sure the bushing are now oblonged some. You should get the oilite bushing kit for these sleds. I got mine from Excell motorsports and i believe it was 75 bucks for all four arms.

Doing the same job on mine right now.
And found some play in the ball joint.
I figured since it is all coming appart might as well replace them too.

stopdropanroll said:
Bushings are most likley shot, get yourself some olite bushings and never have to worry about it again.

where? Heard of them but not sure where to get them.

thanks everyone who has replied.

danjpohl said:
stopdropanroll said:
Bushings are most likley shot, get yourself some olite bushings and never have to worry about it again.

where? Heard of them but not sure where to get them.

thanks everyone who has replied.

May even be able to check with your local dealer. they may have them or can get them also

Back