• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How old are we.

I agree growing old is great but growing up is over rated

Since we're talking about age and sled heritage, what does everyone look like?

I'll go first...stay thirsty my friends!

All in good humor! ;)!

Attachments

• IMG950447-1.jpg
    IMG950447-1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 99
Now 57, on Yamis since 2004 when I got back into it. Ran Rupp nitros in late 70's early 80's. Fast as hell but not nearly as reliable as what I have now.

Well today turned 71
First sled new 71 292 tnt $725 and new 1 place trailer $75 Now on 06 apex rtx that I race on 1/8 mile tar. that is still fun

I'm 58 and my first sled was a 1969 Polaris Charger which was a tank at the time.
Gas tank at the rear of the sled. My first ride on a sled was on my cousins brand new 1971 Single cylinder Doo TNT. I was hooked. After that it was too many Doo's to list until I bought my 2003 RX1 which I still use and really enjoy. The Doo's keep trying to lure me back though!! We'll see what this fall brings. Who knows????

I figure I might as well add to this post.

I am 31, my first sled that I remember my family having as a child was a 1969 SL351 (I think thats the right model. Was white and red with round headlight) with a single cylinder 335 Bombardier engine in it. (Dont ask me how I remember that at 4 years old.) The first sled I drove was when I was 4 or 5 was a 250 twin elan and I thought I had the world by the tail! I still remember the feeling. Guess thats what got me hooked on sleds.

My own first sled was a 1981 540 SRV which I managed to blow up within a couple months. I then bought a 1998 Arctic Cat Cougar 550 and lost 2 motors and a stator in one winter! My next sled was my current sled the 09 Nytro. It wasnt perfect at first but its close now, and I love this sled. When I get another one I plan on keeping this one.

I'm 57. My Dad bought a brand new '72 SL338 Yamaha for us to drive when I was a sophomore in HS. I've owned all of the big 4 brands but here I am on a Yamaha again.

Wow this is a old post. lol Now 29 about to be 30, and my 9 year son made me feel old the other day. Sitting at a Stop & Go light a old truck pulls up in the other lane, My son from the back seat goes dad look at that cool window he turns something to make it go down can we get that. lol Right then I knew how my father felt when we staff like that.

Back