• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to adjust your Apex EX-UP/Power Valve..

I'll be checking this now! Thanks for the video MrSled.

Should a guy check this adjustment wether you've changed anything or not?

Mr. Sled, was yours out of adjustment? I thought I had read on here that you thought yours was a little slow compared to other Apexs?

I wish you had posted this video yesterday. I just did mine and had to read the service manual over and over again to try and get a better understanding of how to set the EXUP.

This should help those new to adjusting the EXUP valve, great job.

Are you guys saying this adjustment may not be correct from the factory, or it gets out of adjustment over time?

Hi guys... yes it will get out of adjustment. Mine was out after 2500 miles, I noticed fuel mileage and top end loss.

I would think you would want to adjust or check after every season or at least check after the first season.

Probably my issue as well Tom. Chasing a never ending curve with clutching. Mileage and top end were WAY down this yr.

Viper_Dave said:
Probably my issue as well Tom. Chasing a never ending curve with clutching. Mileage and top end were WAY down this yr.

Dave, let me know how yours looks when you check it. Actually I am curious about everyone's results.

I'll be sure to post results. Heading for Florida Friday so it'll be a week before I get to it.

My sled's are put to bed, so it will be later this summer before I can get to it.

I will add it to my preseason list. hope to get some riding in tomorrow.

Do you believe that once you confirm the position of the EXUP valve the first time you can use just the diag screem to adjust your cables there after? If you need to see 0 and 180 on the diag screen I assume this is all you need to adjust the cable free play(?)

Thanks for the video Mr. Sled...I just did mine today and my notch was off to the right. Kept playing with the cable adjusters until it stayed centered on the hole when I cycled the key. All set now, sled has 2100 miles on it.

Back