• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to install an Under Tunnel Exhaust on your 4-Stroke!

kyzer said:
Looks great I know another guy that did something very similar , the only problem was the tunnel built up with ice really fast , ( same issue as the Venture Lite and some Phazers ) ...The hot exhaust melts the snow and the snow dust kicked up from the track ..it was a real pain in the #*$&@ ....You can get a couple hundred pounds of ice built up under there .....Hopefully you don't have the same issue ...His solution was to extent it and bend it out the side of the tunnel...........

I was thinking about the same problem. Don't want to change the topic too much here but was wondering if anyone has tried an extension on their exhaust for the VL like you described above?

Thanks,

I am just getting started on putting dual cherry bombs in my sled and still having it come out the stock dual tips on the rear of my rx1. i will post pics and try to get sound clips of the before and after. it will definatly increase the overall weight but i am looking for an awsome sound. i hope they will both fit. we will see.

:welc:
It will definitely be tight! lol
I wanna hear it!
Love the sound of a dual exhaust on a V8, curious what a dual on the in-line 4 will sound like.

Are you going to use dual 2 into 1s?
Or 4 into 1 into 2?

Make sure you add the baffles, it's way too loud without them.

PS Need to add your location. ;)!

i am not running baffles i will have the stock silencers. although i might cut the rear muffler open and shorten the silencers if i want it a little louder. i think the biggest challenge is going to be fitting the cherry bombs to run out through the stock exit holes. and for the previous response instead of 4-2-1-2 i am going to try duel cherry bombs running 4 to 2

I had my first full day out yesterday with 12" glasspack, CC insert baffle, and about 12" of tailpipe downstream. Could only hear the engine! After running a 12" glasspack, no baffle, and no tail pipe my ears are thanking me for the mod.

Rockmeister said:
You're welcome!

I did change the baffle to a Samson baffle, it had a cooler sound and even was slightly quieter.
Both pluses!

Moderators?

Is it ok to post in another place also?
I know this is an old thread but I'm in the process of doing an under tunnel exhaust, where would I get a baffle like you mentioned?

I currently have an MBRP muffler on my Nytro, would a cherry bomb be similar in noise level or louder do you think?

Thanks for any help.

Most bike, motorcycle shops have them or online places like parts unlimited, dennis kirk, or do a search for samson baffles. Look for a baffle that will fit in the size pipe your using.

rockafilla156 - please add you location to your user profile, it's a site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management Team

radianguy said:
Rockmeister said:
You're welcome!

I did change the baffle to a Samson baffle, it had a cooler sound and even was slightly quieter.
Both pluses!

Moderators?

Is it ok to post in another place also?
I know this is an old thread but I'm in the process of doing an under tunnel exhaust, where would I get a baffle like you mentioned?

I currently have an MBRP muffler on my Nytro, would a cherry bomb be similar in noise level or louder do you think?

Thanks for any help.
A little update, I spent a bit of time today working on my under tunnel exhaust, mock up is almost done! I fired it up and the sound is very similar to my MBRP. I am about half way through making a baffle for it, I will post results when I am done.

Back