• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to properly adjust EXUP exhaust valve

RtxViper

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX LE
Can someone post a detailed instructions on how to properly adjust the valve? I followed some steps from a motorcycle which i assume is the same but i am not sure if its totally correct I have 3k on my xtx and am getting mopped on the lake by a brand new 12 se. I replaced my belt and adjusted exup valve its a little better but not anywhere near the 12. Just want to try and eliminate things to get it back to running the way it should Thanks in advance

Its in the service manual.
It can be downloaded if you look in the next page or two someone was asking for manual and the link was posted.

The valve should be in check (home position) with key on. Drill bit should go through hole and align with hole in pulley that the cables wrap around. You can rotate the valve with the key off than turn the key on and it should return to home position and you can start it up and watch it move when you stab the throttle. There is a procedure using the dash pod to check function also.

yamahahaapex said:
still waiting for that to be added to the faq. i went and printed them for my garage in the meantime

I Agree!

I read your post on adjusting the exup valve from ecopter above. I got mine adjusted to 54, 181,0 so I am hoping my power is back to where it should be. Its my last trip of the year and im hoping its fixed

Absolutely, seeing as how i went to our dealership, threw it in diag mode and simply recorded the numbers of what was seen on a new machine can tell you pretty quickly if the motor is mis-aligned by even a hair. To be honest i havent done it in 2000kms so im interested to see whats changed since then.

RtxViper said:
yamahahaapex said:
still waiting for that to be added to the faq. i went and printed them for my garage in the meantime

I Agree!

I read your post on adjusting the exup valve from ecopter above. I got mine adjusted to 54, 181,0 so I am hoping my power is back to where it should be. Its my last trip of the year and im hoping its fixed

Let us know how you made out

Hauls the mail now! Could tell immediately it starts better and the power seems fully restored! Walked away from my buddies brand new etec couldn't have done that before. Now the sled consistently tachs at 10700. Thanks for the help it feels like a brand new sled!

Back