• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to remove 09 sway bar

froines

Has anyone removed the sway bar on a 09 Nytro? There are stops on the inside of the brackets so you can't just cut the bar and pull it out. Any ideas?

I just cut both ends near the plastic and left part of the bar attached to the sf.
When you replace your sf after you bend it the rest gets thrown away at that point.

If you really want the whole thing out of there i beleve its documented in "ttabs nytro mod shop"

froines said:
Has anyone removed the sway bar on a 09 Nytro? There are stops on the inside of the brackets so you can't just cut the bar and pull it out. Any ideas?

If you want to save the bar, pretty much have to remove the aluminum mounting blocks. What I do is pull the side panels and lower skid panel. Then you can reach in to the mounting block bolts with a 5mm allen wrench. The bolts are REALLY tight and will "snap" free once they are broken loose, so you'll want to becareful for your fingers/knuckles!
Also because they are very tight, it's a good idea to use a new high quality allen wrench so that the bolt head doesn't round out.
Once the blocks are out and link mounts dis-connected, the bar should slide right out. ;)!

Bill

Littlehoe said:
Why don't you make a quick disconnect for it. Then you can still have the bar for trail riding and just pull the pin and run her free for the play times

anyone build this?
I did this on my Viper it really worked slick
but on the Nytro I dont know if I like the bar end sticking foward?

i just pulled the bolt out of one side, put the bolt back in and let it hang loose. Worked the same. gave me the option to reconnect, which i never did.

I used a dremel to cut off both ends.. Removed the rest when i replaced the subframe this summer.

If you use the dremel method, remember safety glasses.

Cutting discs tend to explode..

I got off easy.Scott from Oft was kind of enough to put on my new subframe on so my sway bar got left on my old one,lol

sway bar

cut mine as close as i could. came out nice and easy. i undid mine from the bolt and let it hang for a hole season with no problem other than never using it again. cut that sun of a, well you know. mike ;)!

Add a little heat and take the bolts out. It was fairly easy. I would advise blocking the holes left behind though.

Back