• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear twisted springs

I ram them for 3 seasons on my ZR9. They worked very well. Used them until I switched everything to QS3's.

This pic. Confused me
1647473051213.png

So are you bottoming on 1,2 and 3?

Bottoming on 1 and 2 in the rough and big rollers on the trails we have now.
I tried 3 and it is so stiff I almost bounced my head off the handles bars.
On the rear I run set on 3 with the torsion springs on medium and center shock with 160/260 with about 1.5 turns of preload.

The hygear twisted spring setup has softer front springs than stock. I am going to put the stock springs in it in place of the main spring and try it this weekend.

Looks like you are sprung on the lighter side. Right now your combined rate is 109lbs/in and probably need to use 185lbs/in main spring for combined rate of 126lbs/inch if you're a bigger guy.

Looks like you are sprung on the lighter side. Right now your combined rate is 109lbs/in and probably need to use 185lbs/in main spring for combined rate of 126lbs/inch if you're a bigger guy.

220lbs in my birthday suit.
I gave hygear all my information when I ordered them and this is what they sent me.

That's not fully correct.... only part of it. The effective spring rate that @1nc 2000 has is 109/150 lb/in which is just a little firmer than the stock SRX front springs. Remember, those are DUAL RATE springs from Hygear.

For comparison, the stock springs on the SE shocks are 120 lb/in rate. The SRX springs are 90/145 lb/in rate.

If you wanted a triple-rate setup with a little firmer final rate you could achieve the following:
300-lb top spring, 400-lb middle spring, 175-lb main spring= 87/109/175 lb/in rate
300-lb top spring, 500-lb middle spring, 175-lb main spring= 91/129/175 lb/in rate
400-lb top spring, 500-lb middle spring, 175-lb main spring= 98/129/175 ib/in rate

Back