• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HyGear rear coil over shock for Apex & Vectors 2016-2018

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
Did anybody installed one of these shocks from HyGear on their Apex or Vector 129. Would like to get some inf. & thoughts on them.

Did anybody installed one of these shocks from HyGear on their Apex or Vector 129. Would like to get some inf. & thoughts on them.
I put one in my wife's vector from day one, she never even rode it with the factory air shock in it. She absolutely loves how the sled rides. I have ridden it for short distances several times and have found that it rides very well. I wouldn't hesitate one bit buying it again, my opinion is that the single shot was actually a very good suspension for how simple it is, it just had a horrible shock in it. She previously had an '08 vector with the mono skid in it and says that this is night and day better than that was. If you have any other questions or want pictures of the setup I will gladly get them for you.

interested too, but they are very pricy, Elka has a shock also for the single shot.

I put one in my wife's vector from day one, she never even rode it with the factory air shock in it. She absolutely loves how the sled rides. I have ridden it for short distances several times and have found that it rides very well. I wouldn't hesitate one bit buying it again, my opinion is that the single shot was actually a very good suspension for how simple it is, it just had a horrible shock in it. She previously had an '08 vector with the mono skid in it and says that this is night and day better than that was. If you have any other questions or want pictures of the setup I will gladly get them for you.
I have the new updated Fox shock on mine . I like the way it rides but it has gone bad 3 times already in 5,200 miles. I am now on my 4th. shock. I looked on their website but that is a very expensive shock. I can't figure out why that shock cost so much.

Is elka shock for a 129 or the longer one.
I'm not sure, I also have the updated shock and has been fine so far 1800miles, I keep it under coated in the off season, also I was told to keep the weight of the machine on it in the off season, same for my front air shocks.

I'm not sure, I also have the updated shock and has been fine so far 1800miles, I keep it under coated in the off season, also I was told to keep the weight of the machine on it in the off season, same for my front air shocks.
My first updated fox shock was first changed at 4,600 miles. The second one lasted 375 miles. the third one lasted 334 miles. I also keep the weight off the suspension after every ride & also in the summer for storage.

My first updated fox shock was first changed at 4,600 miles. The second one lasted 375 miles. the third one lasted 334 miles. I also keep the weight off the suspension after every ride & also in the summer for storage.
Sorry my mistake, I was told to keep the weight on the shocks during storage.

When I got the updated shock I knew nothing about them, the rep told me to keep the weight on the shock when the sled was in storage, completely undercoat the shock with rust check green can or something the same, he said it keeps the pressure on the seals in the air shock, if not kept under pressure your seals will slowly start leaking and your shock will blow out, so that's what I have been doing the last few years, it seems to work, I'm not a shock tech by any means, my shock could blow tomorrow, I was just following the reps advise.

I have the Hygear coil over shock. Best one there is out there. Takes a beating and has the best upgrade design again. Worth the money. I've had it since hey first came out with it. Same kit as the 129 basically. Skid wheels are moved in that kit.

When I got the updated shock I knew nothing about them, the rep told me to keep the weight on the shock when the sled was in storage, completely undercoat the shock with rust check green can or something the same, he said it keeps the pressure on the seals in the air shock, if not kept under pressure your seals will slowly start leaking and your shock will blow out, so that's what I have been doing the last few years, it seems to work, I'm not a shock tech by any means, my shock could blow tomorrow, I was just following the reps advise.
Thank you for that information.

Back