• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear versus EVOL?

stingray719

TY 4 Stroke God
Girlfriend saw EVOl at the snow show today and wants them for the ride. My question is the Hygear as good as EVOL because it is a lot easier to install Hygear. I am not knowledgeable on EVOL or Hygear add on reservoir help me out please.

Everyone seems to really like them for rear. Havent heard anything about fronts. They are bigger so would be different than Evol which is basicly a air bumpstop. Hygear is kinda claiming them as more of a mid range and bump stop. Is nice being able to use the main for ride height mainly. Cant see it mattering much for Mountain riding like you do. Do you even run a Swaybar?

Everyone seems to really like them for rear. Havent heard anything about fronts. They are bigger so would be different than Evol which is basicly a air bumpstop. Hygear is kinda claiming them as more of a mid range and bump stop. Is nice being able to use the main for ride height mainly. Cant see it mattering much for Mountain riding like you do. Do you even run a Swaybar?

No sway bars. The hype at the snow show was EVOL allowed softer settings and still maintain ride height. Is that correct?

No sway bars. The hype at the snow show was EVOL allowed softer settings and still maintain ride height. Is that correct?

Yes. Same. As the Hygear. Just saying the different volume of the two would make them work differently. The bigger Hygear would have a bigger range it affects. The Evol less. In front of a mountain sled which you obviously want to be able to roll easier but still not bottom on jumps I would say Evol since it won't affect the soft shock you want to roll with till very end of travel like a normal bumpstop. Just depends how easy and far you want it to get on its side. For rear I would think Hygear since it would make the shock more progressive than they are. Which is always good.

From my understanding from reading reviews and on there website they both do the same thing. The only difference is the hygear DUAL has a bigger chamber so there is more range of adjustment and they are a easy bolt on so you don't have to open up the shock. I will be adding the hygear duals when my take off track sells... i really like how you can have the main shock softer for the little bumps then have have the DUAL chamber to keep it from bottoming.
http://www.hygearsuspension.com/DualPressure.php
this has a lot of good info between the two and a video on how it works.

In pretty much sold on the rear but I've been debating the fronts for a while.
If they can set the ride height As high as you want and still leave the shock really soft for in the stutters, I think it could be a winner

I ditched my Fox air shocks up front on my 2014 Viper LTX SE. Running a set of the new Fox QS 3 for this season. Looking at Hygear for some dual rate springs for the front and revalving and updates on the rear suspension.

Ordered the front and rear Hygear Duals for the girlfriends Viper, testing to follow when snow!

After talking with Hygear I changed my order, the dual chamber for the rear requires the linkage kit and bumps the price for the rear to 384.97. So we go with fronts for now.

After talking with Hygear I changed my order, the dual chamber for the rear requires the linkage kit and bumps the price for the rear to 384.97. So we go with fronts for now.

I can get you the evol kit for the rear float 2 shock. $220. Book lists it for the cat mountain skids with float 2 shock.

Last edited:
If you are burning trail mainly skip all of those and go to the hygear Axis much easier to set up and change as condition changes. Sell your floats and its not that bad $$

If you are burning trail mainly skip all of those and go to the hygear Axis much easier to set up and change as condition changes. Sell your floats and its not that bad $$

Deep powder and off trail, looking for lots of travel and soft.

I can get you the evol kit for the rear float 2 shock. $220. Book lists it for the cat mountain skids with float 2 shock.

I think at this point we are going to put the Hygear on the front and see how well we like them, then decide if we do the rear also.

Back