• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I called Yamaha

Straight_up_XTX said:
Sorry I should have specified. ..

Yamaha ecu and FI would solve the starting issues.

I agree performance issues are totally clutch based.
I tried shagman's xtx while on a demo ride and it was night and day better than the stock xtx demo sled was. His was setup with the nytro belt and other clutching work.

I just think this starting issue should have been a non issue since the nytro starts so well (once the fuel pump relay was updated anyway. Lol!)

Besides clutching I would
D have to agree, the ECU should be all yamaha, since it's a Yamaha motor! Yamaha's race team uses it cause they know what's going on!

Talked to Yamaha rep at sneak-peak, said ecu reflash will be done before next season. hot start issue has been a minor problem always starts. told him not happy with lack of top end, no answer to that.All things considered, would buy again

I'm now wondering about buying a Viper

I am about to pull the trigger and purchase 2 Viper LTX SEs.

Are these issues common? If so, maybe I go for the Polaris Switchback 800 next year.

Re: I'm now wondering about buying a Viper

JSL said:
I am about to pull the trigger and purchase 2 Viper LTX SEs.

Are these issues common? If so, maybe I go for the Polaris Switchback 800 next year.

:rofl: I would be a lot more worried getting on Poo's attempt at another reliable 800. It's been half a decade so maybe they finally figured it out. Lol. I don't think the viper/7000's did too bad for the first year of the chassis and motor pairing....though a lot if the issues that cropped up fir some could have been easily avoided with more testing and quality control. I'm sure the 2015's will be great.

I have had no issues with starting ever since I plugged the power commander V into the system. Yes I have the Hurricane turbo but absolutely no issues with starting.

Back