• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I give up! Torsion spring part numbers?

olivia317

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 FX Nytro XTX SC
I read and read and read about stiffer torsion springs for Nytros. Can somebody please put together a listing showing the spring rate and corresponding part number? Is there a sticky I can't find? Even my dealer is confused. Where are the 1900nm and 2100nm springs coming from? Sorry, just a little frustrated.

That's the deal, Travis cuts down springs to fit the nytro. There is no off the shelf bolt on from Yamaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the stock spring 1200nm (left #68 and right side #69) and the next size up 1400nm part numbers.

Pete

springs.PNG

By the way I weigh 255 with gear and have the stock 1200nm springs, but had my shocks revalved by hygear and that made the difference for me.

Pete

All geared up, I'm a solid 300 pounds. Stock shock and stock springs(1200nm) with Hygear bushings. Occasionally bottoms out hard enough to tear the tops of the spring hooks off. Not wanting to revalve the shock during the season and I don't think changing out the 3 position adjuster for a 4 position will get it done. I think I'm asking a boy to do a man's job. I understand the shortening that may need to be done, I am capable of doing that. I have spent a lot of time looking up springs for different years and models and found springs from 1100nm all the way to 2800nm but have no way of knowing if they can be made to fit. My frustration comes from posts that give the spring rate that worked for them but don't give the part number or model of sled they came from. I figured with all the changing that guys have done, it would be nice to see a list of springs that can be made to work with their corresponding rates. I can give Travis a call, give him my details and maybe score some used springs.

Yes Travis will definitely help you get over your frustration and probably have what you need.

Pete

I bought heavier stock springs for my nytro. I'm pretty sure there are low medium and heavy rate springs.

I bought heavier stock springs for my nytro. I'm pretty sure there are low medium and heavy rate springs. I'm 235 without my gear and 20lb backpack.

I got the Barn of Parts spring adjusters from Travis which have all the same adjustment levels as the stock adjusters and a fourth over load position. that cured my sage-in issue and ride issue. The are powder coated steel with a steel adjustment stud that is offset from the pivot point which makes the VERY easy to adjust. Cost was only $70 compared to $65+ per spring to replace the springs.

Has anyone ever broken a spring by overloading them? With the Hygear spacers, is there enough room for the spring to wind up? Will it bind under a heavy load and a BIG bump?

I bought springs from an Apex MTX, I believe they are 2100nm, and then I had to cut them down like 2 or 3 inches.

I got the Barn of Parts spring adjusters from Travis which have all the same adjustment levels as the stock adjusters and a fourth over load position. that cured my sage-in issue and ride issue. The are powder coated steel with a steel adjustment stud that is offset from the pivot point which makes the VERY easy to adjust. Cost was only $70 compared to $65+ per spring to replace the springs.

X2- Also have BOP 4 postions + around 325# with gear, my shocks have been re-valved and on H would only bottom out every so often over big stuff. Set on #4 now it is stiffer but not a hard slam, good feel of shocks/ springs working together..... Easier & cheaper fix than springs for sure according to the prices listed above ;)

Back