• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I hate mice

BlkHawk73

Veteran
Had put some strategically placed moth balls around the sled last spring, covered the exhaust, etc so I figured I was safe from furry critters. NOT! Had to roll the sled aside and figured, I;t adjust the bars while it was rolled out of the corner of the garage. Zzzzziiiip, zzzzzziiip goes the bar cover and that's when the nice little nest was obvious. Little thing made a small nest from some of the bar pad. Nothing lg at all and wasn't there long as there was zero droppings. Heart sank! Checked and all the wires looked good until... There's a cut wire and another frayed...the heated grips wires. DAMN glad that's all it is - or at least appears to be. Completely disregarded that area when putting it away last spring. Looks like new grips are needed so there's $100 gone.

Looks like two other wires got a bit of chewing too. Nothing other than a couple tiny spots where the plastic coating is gone. Thinking that spot can be taped and be good to go. Looks like the heat control wires. Still thanking my stars it got the upper wires and not the ends of the main harness.

Balls must've done something 'cause the only area I didn't get with them was the one spot the critter got into.

I keep a few traps loaded all summer long beside the sled. Those little buggers can create a big mess if not discovered.
Ms

Enclosed trailer is the ticket. 20+ years never had a mouse in the sled yet and I live in farm country. ...plus it frees up the garage space.

Until the boy has his own sled, no need or desire for a trailer. I prefer to leave from here at the house rather than have to spend hours riding to be able to ride.
Garage space... Not so tight now but if the other want works out... At least this doesn't seem like a major thing which is really good. Hibernation will change for next yr.

Back