• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm Done. Thanks for nothing Yamaha.

While this might be a good sled...to me, it shows just how little Yamaha cares about us sledders. They have put zero true R&D effort into this product. All they have done is use someone else's chassis (Cat) and motors from another one of their division (motorcycles).

I'm surprised Cat did this with them. Had they not stepped in to bail them out...their sales would have been hammered, again, and they would have lost even more market share.

Again, this is a sign that Yamaha is eventually going to exit the snowmobile business...or just eventually become like Suzuki was where they only supply components.

I simply can't reward a company that scrapped something together as cheaply as possible. They should have a price of $8000 on this sled....they didn't invest a damn thing to get it done. They don't deserve the profit from it that others do when they invested hundreds of hours of design, test, development into something that actually brings our sport forward.

Again, it might be a nice sled, but I am truly dissapointed in Yamaha and I will not be rewarding this with purchase...

Yamaha could pull pocket change out and buy Arctic Cat if they wanted too. You want light weight, better handling and no more icing and you still crying. They care and this is a win win....

I'll take the blue se, with a S-Charger. Hope it still fits. :jump:

bottlerocket said:
Yamaha could pull pocket change out and buy Arctic Cat if they wanted too. You want light weight, better handling and no more icing and you still crying. They care and this is a win win....
couldnt agree more ill have the sr xtx in the garage this fall!!!! o and now i know that they used there clutches i have a clutch kit ready for it already thanks yamaha.....

ccrider said:
While this might be a good sled...to me, it shows just how little Yamaha cares about us sledders. They have put zero true R&D effort into this product. All they have done is use someone else's chassis (Cat) and motors from another one of their division (motorcycles).

I'm surprised Cat did this with them. Had they not stepped in to bail them out...their sales would have been hammered, again, and they would have lost even more market share.

Again, this is a sign that Yamaha is eventually going to exit the snowmobile business...or just eventually become like Suzuki was where they only supply components.

I simply can't reward a company that scrapped something together as cheaply as possible. They should have a price of $8000 on this sled....they didn't invest a damn thing to get it done. They don't deserve the profit from it that others do when they invested hundreds of hours of design, test, development into something that actually brings our sport forward.

Again, it might be a nice sled, but I am truly dissapointed in Yamaha and I will not be rewarding this with purchase...

How do you know this chassis didn't have imput from Yamaha all along? I don't think it was a coincidence that yamaha was able to stuff a nytro motor with front dump exhaust into the the cat chassis.

JP270NYTRO said:
bottlerocket said:
couldnt agree more ill have the sr xtx in the garage this fall!!!! o and now i know that they used there clutches i have a clutch kit ready for it already thanks yamaha.....

x2 on ALL points!!

Oh boo hoo..sniff...sniff....this is a win...win...for both companies...don't like it??? Go buy a yellow POS...and hang out at dootalk ....cat is my 2nd choice anyways...so I like this....one good thing is maybe we will lose some of the troll crybabies on this site!!

Oh boo hoo..sniff...sniff....this is a win...win...for both companies...don't like it??? Go buy a yellow POS...and hang out at dootalk ....cat is my 2nd choice anyways...so I like this....one good thing is maybe we will lose some of the troll crybabies on this site!!

7 skulls said:
It's clear that yamaha doesn't care about snowmobiles anymore (AC business announcement). As a yamaha snowmobile loyalist, waiting 6 years for this, I am done. I would have rather yamaha exited the snowbiz entirely than this. I'll keep my current yamaha sleds, ride my yfz and dream: IF ONLY YAMAHA MADE SNOWMOBILES AGAIN.

POO or DOO here I come.

Counting my spare change now for snow check now , I myself can not wait to ride one , Good Bye sore back , hello plush ride :sled1:

Cat plant must be overwhelmed. I see the phazer motor in this chassis also but in due time. If cat offers a boosted version you can all be pissed though!

Okay, there seems to be a TON of unique features for Yamaha in this chassis- how many people said the motor wouldn't fit- something changed.

Also, the SR Viper RTX SE has to be the best looking sled on snow with that color scheme...

Looks nice. What hp and what weight?? Yamaha motor and clutches. Sounds like a win. I am sure lots of R&D went into the package being it is a totally new engine and clutch package. Also I am sure improvements were made in the chassis.

fourload said:
Looks nice. What hp and what weight?? Yamaha motor and clutches. Sounds like a win. I am sure lots of R&D went into the package being it is a totally new engine and clutch package. Also I am sure improvements were made in the chassis.

It's the 1049cc Nytro motor. The only thing that appears to be new is the 3-1 manifold and exhaust