• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Injector MCX 290

Stigapex

Suspended
Hello

I was told from a friend of mine who has talked to Eric at MCXpress that the standard injectors at the 2011 Apex can't handle more (give more fuel)than 14-15 psi (standard pressure MCX290).

Someone who knows if this is the true?

Is it possible to change the standard injectors to someone who is a little larger ?
Or do I need to change to the MCX315-kit, that includes intercooler with injectors

The injector is open almost all the time at 15 pounds, but with the rising rate fuel pressure regulator the increase in fuel pressure has been able to show good a/f ratios over 20 pounds while we've had it turned up. Not the best way to control fuel but it has worked

FLYBYU said:
I have some hurricane built stock injectors that are larger than stock for sale. their 600cc

Wouldn't Hurricane built injectors be much to big, if I just want to be sure the sled get enough fuel with 20 psi ?
How big is the standard injectors at the 2011 Apex ?

MCXpress kit usees Megatune to adjust fuel. With bigger injectors I need to adjust down the fuel.
The megatune fueltable is adjusted from 80 (idling) to 220(top)
I don't know what the numbers mean, but I know if I adjust the numbers down will get less fuel, and up gives more fuel.
If the injectors are to big, would it be problems with idling and slow driving ?

Back