• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

installing OFT steering relocator

Sorry you're not going to sell me on this! It would have been better and made more sense if the block was machined to the same angle as the mount on the sled.
Other than that detail I am pleased with the relocator!

I completely understand what you're saying - it would have been nice for the blocks to have been made to accommodate both the existing studs and the new shaft angle, without modification. Bending the studs was the only part of the relocator mod that I didn't care for... but once it is done and the proper angle, the results are great.

the problem is if you look close, if the studs are unbent then the holes thru the alum block will be at an angle. so if your looking straight at the shaft from the front the nut would be very near the top of the aluminum plate if not hanging over. (hard to tell w/o seeing the angle of the studs before being bent) then the triangle shaped part on the shaft itself that swings around would need to be cut to clear the nut and top plate/washer that would Need to be there. so either bend the studs easy enough or have to cut that flat triangle portion off the shaft so it can turn fully. I think bending a few studs is much easier for most ppl installing. no mess of metal shavings and only takes 30 sec max if you just get at it and bend them.

My friend has a stock nytro ill compare to this weekend hopefully to see how much they really got bent

Keep in mind one of the steering jam nuts have left handed threads. I forget which one, but one of them does so you have to tighten it to loosen it.

Keep in mind one of the steering jam nuts have left handed threads. I forget which one, but one of them does so you have to tighten it to loosen it.
That info would be useful in the instructions. I never did get mine loose, but it didn't seem to matter. I didn't notice any difference in alignment. If there is, it is unnoticeable.

Back